PDA

View Full Version : problems with ecm spy

bobaganoosh
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I just got my ecm spy hooked up and everything worked fine. All i have done so far is reset the tps and ran diagnostics. when i did this last night i started it right after and it seemed fine nothing changed. then when i went to pull it in my shed i couldn't get it to move. it would idle and rev fine when in neutral but as soon as i put it in gear and had a load on it it would just die. so i just pushed it in. today i start it up and it wont even idle. i can start it if i give it a little throttle but it will barely stay running. I saw today in the instructions that your supposed to adjust the idle screw down to 0 before u click reset, i didnt do this. today i tried doing that before i reset it again but no matter where i turned the idle screw the tps percentage wouldnt change. i was just playing around with it and i set the AFV to 120 and that was the only way it would idle but still didnt run great.

Did i mess this all up by not adjusting the idle? I didnt really think the tps reset could mess it up this bad.

dallasb
10-07-2010, 03:23 PM
You have to set ecmspy to real time. You do this by clicking the little keys in the top corner. When you do this it will read the numbers you are looking for. It definitely sounds like a TPS reset problem though.

bobaganoosh
10-07-2010, 03:31 PM
yea i did that all the rest of the guages work. but the tps just says 0 degrees 0 percent and 1.14 volts. does the bike need to be running for this? and how would i go about fixing this tps problem? thanks

dallasb
10-07-2010, 03:35 PM
No the bike doesn't need to be running. When you twist the throttle do the gauges respond?

bobaganoosh
10-07-2010, 03:38 PM
ok i just got it to show up just went out and started it and reved it a little and now it says 3.0 degrees and 3.5 percent. now should i try to get it down to zero and reset it next or what?

bobaganoosh
10-07-2010, 03:39 PM
yes the guages respond when it running. im not sure when its not running cause i got it hooked to my desktop so i got to walk in the house to look

dallasb
10-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes turn it out to "0". Then turn it 1 or 2 more turns. I usually just back it all the way out but take care and don't put too much strain on the adjuster. Then click reset. After that turn the adjuster until it is 5.1-5.9 degrees....not percent.

bobaganoosh
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
ok ill try that thanks

dallasb
10-07-2010, 03:44 PM
No problem man. If you want I can PM you my phone # and call if you need help.

bobaganoosh
10-07-2010, 03:52 PM
ok i got it done reset it then screw it all the way in which put me at 4.1 degrees. started it and it still wont idle. runs ok just wont idle

bobaganoosh
10-07-2010, 03:53 PM
that would be cool if u dont mind u seem like u know quite a bit about this stuff

dallasb
10-07-2010, 03:57 PM
PM sent