PDA

View Full Version : Rear master cylinder questions

Baal
10-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I posted this up on the Brembo MC thread, but haven't heard anything, so I thought I'd direct it to the collective.

What diameters are the OE rear MC and the various alternative rear MCs? The master cylinder that was originally fitted with the Duc 916 caliper that I used was apparently 11 mm. I've not been able to determine what diameter the OE one is OR what size the Nissin one that I have a shot at (from a Triumph) is. If I go for this swap, I want to be sure to move in the right direction size-wise. All info appreciated.

kalifornia
10-08-2010, 08:11 AM
i doubt one mm will make or break the project, if the calipers are roughly the same size, and you use the rear break like most, i wouldnt sweat it. nissins are probably all 11mm. google shindy brake components in california. they deal in nissins stuff and answered some of my questions once

Baal
10-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Well, but my question is this: Others have gone with a different rear MC to improve the power and feel. If, for instance the OE is 13mm, and 11 is better, or vice versa, I'm looking to see what might be possible. OTOH, if OE is 11, the Ducati OE is 11, then I don't see how I'd gain anything by going to a Brembo 11. Does that make sense?

kalifornia
10-09-2010, 10:13 AM
correct, i dont understand hydraulics, but you can find out on the web. their are some stunt shops that do conversions. you can try stuntlife.com and look around. i doubt changing to a different bore would be a benefit. my reading on stuntlife leads me to think it would either be rock hard or spungy. guys are always complaining about that after switching to something else.