PDA

View Full Version : switch from race ecm to stock

hawgfarmer
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM
i own an 04 xb12r. it's had a race ecm put on it along with a drummer exhaust and k&n filter. the throttle control was zeroed. i've fouled some plugs and had some reving problems. what would happen with the throttle if i switched it back to the stock ecm?

xbhooligan434
03-31-2008, 03:16 AM
the simple solution to this all would be to sell me your drummer and every thing will go back to new again[cool]

LeFox
03-31-2008, 09:55 AM
did you ride in closed loop?
meaning low speed, low acceleration for about 15 minutes?

typeone
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
your stock ECM will put you back to the TPS setting from before. install and ride, no need to reset. (theoretically)

dans03firebolt
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
That is wrong typeone. If he changes back to the stock ECU he will without a doubt have to get his TPS recalibrated again.

His_and_Her_Buells
05-28-2008, 05:10 PM
like LeFox said, make sure you ride closed loop for a while. Besides, going back to stock ecm with a Drummer and K&N will not be a good idea as it will run lean.

typeone
05-28-2008, 06:17 PM
dans03firebolt, nope, sorry it's not wrong. if the ECM came from his bike, no need to reset the TPS again. heres some added info...

"When the tps is reset, the ecm stores the voltage coming from the tps (with the butterfly completely closed) for THAT PARTICULAR BIKE. It's just matching the ecm to a particular tps sensor. The ecm can be removed and put on a shelf and will remember that voltage value for about 10 years."

there is no issue swapping back and forth from stock to race ecm without re-calibrating the tps IF the tps resets were done properly in the first place.

dans03firebolt
05-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok I have been lied to by the dealer yet again. I will never ask the dealer another question. I will stick with the forums.

LeFox
05-28-2008, 08:02 PM
there is no issue swapping back and forth from stock to race ecm without re-calibrating the tps IF the tps resets were done properly in the first place.
the check engine light will light up though, since the drummer has no exhaust valve. :p

and although possible, it's not a healthy thing to do changing the ecm back and forth ;)

blackxb12r
07-02-2008, 11:11 PM
do you have to reset the ecm and tps for every mod you do that might effect exhaust, intake etc. or just run in a closed loop???