PDA

View Full Version : Which ‘everyday’ modern bikes do you think will become future classics?

atir
10-30-2010, 07:52 AM
from interview with Wes Siler on BikeExif (http://www.bikeexif.com/wes-siler#more-10919)

"...I’ve been telling people that air-cooled Buells are really going to be remembered well in ten years time. Utterly unique, almost too much character and a story so tragic it’s made grown men cry. American innovation at its best and also at its most thwarted by corporate greed. They’re truly special motorcycles that never quite reached their potential. Buy them now, they’re ridiculously cheap."

if you check out Wes' website HFL (http://hellforleathermagazine.com/)
you would see that his view in is biased (positively towards Buell), at least is my impression.

upthemaiden
10-30-2010, 09:59 AM
That's what I was saying. I picked up my low miles xb9 and I'm just gonna hold onto it as long as I can. Hopefully someday I'll trade it up for an xb12 but it's still one of those bikes that I would've regretted not owning for the rest of my life if I hadn't bought one.

nativeXb12Rbuell
01-02-2011, 04:11 AM
not a big cruiser fan here , but he says it best , and a good response to those that say to you go buy a harley.

What motorcycle do you despise? It’s no secret that I utterly loathe cruisers, they’re just everything that’s wrong with the world summed up in two wheels. No specific brand, if they’ve got forward controls, too much chrome and an inverse relationship between power and engine size, then they’re all the same in my book. A couple years ago I broke my arm crashing a supermoto and couldn’t ride for about six months. The first bike I got back on was a Star (Yamaha) Stratoliner and within the first hundred yards I’d unsuccessfully tried to go around a corner at the posted safe speed and ended up bouncing four lanes over as the entire right side grounded out. Luckily this was in LA and the road was about eight lanes wide. I then had to ride that bike 700 miles out to Moab in Utah and every minute of it was pure torture. It didn’t go, didn’t brake, wasn’t comfortable and couldn’t manage more than 100 miles between fill ups. This was a problem as it was 110 miles between gas stations and there weren’t bungee points to strap on a jerry can.

- wes siler
excerpt from article

good read thanks

BuddhaBuell
01-02-2011, 10:37 AM
good read thanks
totally agree
[up]