PDA

View Full Version : BLAST BELT SNAP!!

bigblast7
10-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Okay, so THANKFULLY this wasn't on the highway. But, this morning I jumped on my bike backed it out of the parking spot about to go. Put it in first and went nowhere, tried 2,3,4 and 1 again. Nothing. I look down and there's my belt laying on the street. Pushed it back in the parking spot and jumped back in bed. Called Harley and looks like I have one coming asap (god willing). My question now though is how do I put it on? Remove the rear tire and front pulley cover? Will it just stretch on or is there something more?
Oh last ?, how easy is it to get the rear tire on/off?

Builtdesign
10-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Wow, I wonder if some moron cut it or something?[confused] How many miles were on it?

bigblast7
10-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Little over 13k, don't think so though you can see the tears in the fibers.

upthemaiden
10-30-2010, 05:11 PM
On the XBs you don't even need to technically remove the rear wheel to slide the belt off. Because the axle is tapered you can unscrew it a bit and the wheel will have enough play in it to slide the belt off sideways. You also need to remove the right rider peg bracket. From looking at pictures of the Blast I want to say you could just work the belt out of there without having to remove much aside from the wheel or belt guards though. Do you have a way to get the back end of the bike off the ground? I would just start undoing the rear wheel and remove stuff one piece at a time until you can work the belt off. Tricky part to remember is that if you use a rear stand to lift the bike by the swingarm you need to put the new belt on the right left of the stand so you can get it around the swingarm when it's up. I went through that once on one of my old bikes when I had to replace the chain guide. Got everything removed and pulled apart, and then had no way to get the guide off because it needed to slide straight down the swingarm and the stand was in the way.

landinr
10-31-2010, 04:19 AM
well to be honest the advice listed above is good to go, but you will need to remove the rear wheel to get the belt on. got to get that belt between the swing arm and rear sprocket....Im just sayin