PDA

View Full Version : First time rider.

Fly Girl
04-03-2008, 12:17 AM
HI, Im a First time street bike rider, and Im looking at a Buell Blast. Seems like a great bike for an Old Women First time street biker. 2005 with only 1000 miles on it. Female owner.

My question is...I know that its not a BIG DADDY engine, and may take time catching up with the guys I may ride with that have the BIG BAD BIKES. But those of you who own one, How is it on trips--like 2-3-4 hours trips. Comfort, Speed, etc.

Thanks
FLY GIRL

His_and_Her_Buells
04-03-2008, 02:02 AM
The Blast is the perfect first bike but if you're taking a lot of long rides you'll be wishing for more power. Nothing wrong with starting with the XB9, It's not too much for a newbie to handle.

ezblast
04-03-2008, 03:47 AM
LOL - If you work it right, you may end up waiting on them! It really is a matter of riding style and experience. Lotti - a friend - books like a demon on her Blast. Is always near the front on a ride, and is one of the smoothest at taking corners, and the only mods on her bike is a V&H exhaust. Many a HD rider is surprised by the Blast passing them, and comment on it. Is it a fast drag racer - no - but on the road it is more than capable of holding its own, is a great lil commuter, economical on gas - even modified, and just a lot of fun.
EZ

Fly Girl
04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks Guys...I appreciate the in put.

bleblanc03
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Welcome. You should definitely plan on taking an MSF Beginning Rider Course.