PDA

View Full Version : Termignoni vs. Free Spirits or?

RSV Factory
11-15-2010, 12:20 AM
He guys...

I got my bike now want to add sweet deep bass sound and low torque juice.

So I am confused about which to choose and would like some advice please. What I want is deep bass sound and low torque power - the lowest possible as I don't like high revs.

I would like to take either:
1. Termignoni full system (headers + can)
2. Free spirits full system (headers + can)

I must admit I like Termignoni better as it is high quality brand + my friend has Ducati Sport Classic 1000 full Termi and the sound and torque is ultra fantastic!

But I don't know about Termignoni for Buell (ECM setup, dyno results -torque, power, I got nothing) so this leaves a big question mark above my head.

I like the looks of Freespirit headers but they are INOX and termignoni for the same price I got titanium headers. It's not that I need it but 2 kg save is a nice to get.

Also the sound - I don't know much. Does someone have freespirits to "explain" the sound.

Thanks for any info it is much appreciate it.

BKKBuell
11-15-2010, 02:03 AM
what bike is it???

RSV Factory
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Haha!!! My bad.

Buell XB12SX - 2009.

OM3GA
11-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I can't comment on the exhausts since i don't own both of them.
There's another exhaust you might like if you like grunt down low.
The exhaust is called the torque hammer is is said to make grunt @ 3000 rpm.

Here is some info on the exhaust and a comparison with stock: here (http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artikelen.asp?aid=67)

Tho do keep in mind that the headers were changed to pre-2008 (bigger)!

Not to make your choice any more difficult but to keep your options open![up]

RSV Factory
11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
@ OM3GA

Thanks for the link man. Actually I have already contact them a month ago, they are really nice guys - fast reply, I asked them several questions, they ware very friendly...
The owner replied like this about his STAGE 1 kit:
"You will love your bike every time you start your engine. It took a lot of time for me to put all this into harmony..." - very nice.

Still, to pay 1.200,00 € for stock USA headers and the INOX can, I think it's way to expensive. But I think the result is great on the other hand. I totally believe that this is great setup, almost I can imagine... Also, I don't know how it sounds, and I know that Termignoni sounds great...

hmmm...

OM3GA
11-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Still, to pay 1.200,00 € for stock USA headers and the INOX can, I think it's way to expensive. But I think the result is great on the other hand. I totally believe that this is great setup, almost I can imagine... Also, I don't know how it sounds, and I know that Termignoni sounds great...

hmmm...

I absolutely agree that they aren't cheap. But then again aren't all the good things expensive? :D

As for a sound clip, here you go:

AWxQ51rs_yk

LeFox
11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Still, to pay 1.200,00 € for stock USA headers and the INOX can, I think it's way to expensive.
the price there is for the complete kit, rsv

the thing you would need is 982.80€, and you get the db-killer also (needed sometimes for police checks & db limitations on several tracks)

RSV Factory
11-16-2010, 12:58 AM
@ LeFox
Thanks LeFox. So probably he takes my EURO headers into price or something like that? What do you think about this setup - I highly appreciate your opinion what can I say...

Also, as shown in this video, I would need to twist throttle 3 times before each start?! This doesn't sound practical at all!

LeFox
11-16-2010, 04:15 AM
that's the exhaust kit for the euro model 2008-2009-2010.
i got my setup from them, although that was before the hammer...but i'm happy with my micron & custom ecm setup they did for me.

and no, you don't need to twist the throttle. ;)

RSV Factory
11-16-2010, 04:55 AM
and no, you don't need to twist the throttle.

Pheww... That's a relif. That's really stupid to twist the throttle each time you want to ride it. Wow, great...

I am in contact with Dris and Martin and I will see what I will do... Maybe I will take this setup. So confused.
With Aprilia the thing was so simple. Akrapovic - K&N - dealer ECM setup - and voila, perfect results.

With Buell I am confused I must admit...

Ok to summarize the cons:
1. Termignoni - no data on dyno results, difficult to remap ECM.
2. Freespirits - no data on dyno results, expensive
3. Stage 1 kit - expensive, not sure in quality of the product

I know what I want but don't know which option will give that... Help! haha
:p

LeFox
11-16-2010, 05:58 AM
- haven't heard to many good things about termignoni...otherwise the muffler would be advised by many and now you heardly hear of it and rarely see it. (haven't seen one in the last 7 years)

- free spirits...the race with their own exhaust, so r&d must be ok.

- i know them, so am biased here, but these guys know their stuff.

RSV Factory
11-16-2010, 06:22 AM
- i know them, so am biased here, but these guys know their stuff.

Wow, LeFox you really are the nicest guy ever. Respect. [up]

Logically, the Stage 1 kit is what I want. I will try to put it into motion - I will go in this direction. For termignoni - you are absolutely right - no data, no good reviews, nothing at all, and freespirits looks like race exhaust - which means high power on high revs.