PDA

View Full Version : headlight bracket clamp diameter for tubers?

upthemaiden
12-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Curious if anyone with an S1/M2/X1 can tell me the diameter of the fork tube clamps for your headlights. I was thinking about finding a round headlight for my XB and was curious if any of the headlight clamps happen to be 50mm so I could just swap a whole setup over.

Anyone happen to know, or have a tuber and some calipers that wouldn't mind measuring for me??

xtremelow
12-05-2010, 01:03 AM
They wont work they are quite a bit smaller. I actually bought a set a while back when I was converting the front of my old bike and they where like 43mm or something like that, just enough to make them not work.

upthemaiden
12-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks, I was thinking I could find everything all together, but I may just order some normal tube clamps from mcmaster carr. I've gotta order the pieces to make some exhaust silencers this winter anyway. The side brackets shouldn't be hard to make, and then whatever headlight I can find will work. I think I'll need to make my own side bracket anyway so I can leave my ignition on the side. I know the lock won't work but at least I won't have to mess with the wiring to relocate it.