PDA

View Full Version : have race ecm want to switch back to stock??

buellybill44
12-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I just bought a uly and i took it out when i first got it (a couple weeks ago cold outside) and it ran mint.. Started it up a few days later when it was a little colder and it ran like crap (no power or rev) and it has a race ecm on it. I've read on here that the race ecms are a waste and with the ecmSPY you can do just as much if not more. is that right? and also if i were to buy the ecmSPY would i be able to reset the TPS by myself if i switch my ECM back to stock? any help would be greatly appreciated. CANT WAIT FOR SPRING!!!

anrkizm95
12-12-2010, 08:15 AM
what year is the bike.

buellybill44
01-16-2011, 04:06 PM
07 xb12x im havin a few more problems now maybe you could help me out check out my new post so you understand.. Thanks alot

BKKBuell
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
My experience with the race ECM is that the ignition gets a bit sensitive to soiled spark plugs... and the RECM requires the K&N, air box mod and a race muffler (or a Hawk). For the ecmSpay you need a DynoTestStand and some patience&time to remap your ECM, the mods/adds I mentioned before are beneficial as well. BTW to do a TPS you do not need any tooling, just adjust the idle screw and measure the voltage from the sensor... The required/correct voltage you find the manual you can download here.

merc16
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Any updates ???

guzzibud
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I just bought a uly and noticed that my check engine light was on when I drove it home. When I took the seat off, I noticed that it has a race ecm. Will this cause the engine light to be on? The bike runs fine.

guzzibud
02-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I just bought a 2007 uly. The bike came with a right side after market air scoop. I haven't heard the cooling fan come on yet. If the fan is defective, will this cause the check engine light to come on?

buellybill44
02-23-2012, 05:34 AM
i have no knowledge of troubleshooting the engine light.. ive never had the light come on (knock on wood) if the bike shows no signs of acting up, try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes to clear the light possibly the race ecm made the light come on and no one cleared it.. Good luck let me know how it works out!!

buellybill44
02-23-2012, 05:37 AM
@merc16 the problem i originally had last year ended up being plugs.. I switched to irodium and it has been perfect since. also sold the race ecm and got ecmspy and love that as well. I downloaded the race map and burned it into the stock ecm and it runs like a champ

guzzibud
02-23-2012, 09:08 AM
New to me 2007 uly. Has check engine light and race only labeled ECM. Could the two be connected? Bike runs great!