PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Ex Demo Bike

dickstilton
04-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Im whisker close to shaking hands on a 2006 XB12X Ex Demo bike with 2500k and a price tag of 5000 British pounds. Im getting 6 months Warranty and im going to ride it hard this season so if anything breaks its going to be during this 6 months I hope. I test rode it yesterday and realy enjoyed the bike but it was'nt running right, the dealer has pledged to give the bike a thorough going over before I take delivery and reset the efi etc . This leads me to my question:- Obviously as an ex demo its going to have had all kinds of riders on it including some tyre kickers who just wanted to try with no intention of buying one so chances are although its only done 2500k some of those are going to be hard Ks if you know what I mean. I know the risks but the price is swaying me, what do you guys think?

mrdozer2you
04-15-2008, 05:02 PM
As long as they were easy on the break in period and the oil changed frequently you should be ok. There are always risks when buying anything. See if they have a maintenance record and go from there.

LeFox
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
make sure you get the newer front windshield fitting with that.
if i'm not mistaking, they were upgraded because they came loose.

my bike is also an ex demo...nothing wrong with that ;)

k_reed_14
04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
LeFox,

You are correct about getting the upgraded windhsield. That was a factory recall on those.

LeFox
04-16-2008, 08:53 AM
LeFox,

You are correct about getting the upgraded windhsield. That was a factory recall on those.
thx for the confirmation ;)

partmanpartbike64
04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
I to bought a demo 06 uly it is now a great bit of kit, However it wasn't without teething problems it ran intermittently which baffled the tech's so they ended up replacing the coils, leads'ht caps then the ecm all under warranty(2yr) and the end can is also an issue. Rotten 3500mls on the clock, but a ceramic coated one on it's way (FREE)
it's worth looking at the can as buell will replace it if it is'nt ceramic coated FACT
also ht leads want checking
I also heard you can get the back box and side paniers this month WORTH asking about

partmanpartbike64
04-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I to bought a demo 06 uly it is now a great bit of kit, However it wasn't without teething problems it ran intermittently which baffled the tech's so they ended up replacing the coils, leads'ht caps then the ecm all under warranty(2yr) and the end can is also an issue. Rotten 3500mls on the clock, but a ceramic coated one on it's way (FREE)
it's worth looking at the can as buell will replace it if it is'nt ceramic coated FACT
also ht leads want checking
I also heard you can get the back box and side paniers this month WORTH asking about

dickstilton
04-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I did the deal today and it was one exciting afternoon. As if buying the bike wasnt enough a girl cleaning the showroom windows decided to take a dive from the ladder and broke both her wrists! Entertainment and a bike what value!

markwoodlief
04-17-2008, 05:27 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Ulysses-XB12x/Get-Free-Top-and-Side-Cases-with-Your-Ulysses

Theres the link for the bags, i'm trying to get these for my Uly as well.. I too bought a demo bike.. the one thing that i would be concerned with is make sure they did the service, after I gave them 95 100 dollar bills.. cash.. i found out that they didnt do the 1000 mile service till 1700 and that although the bike had 4700 miles they didnt do the 5k service on it, so immediately i have to take in to get that done.. not complaining too much, just takes a little sparkle off a new to me bike, :) other than that, bar far the coolest and most fun bike i've ever had!!! thats coming from a KTM Adventure!

dickstilton
04-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info Mark. I would like to keep in touch to compare notes. dickstilton@gmail.com

Joe Pineapples
04-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Hullo,

I bought an 06 ex demo from West Coast Harley in Glasgow in Jan last year. The bike is brilliant although I had a few teething problems which took a while to fix. It seems that quite a few people who got the early models had glitches, some got fixed, some people traded their bikes back in. I decided to be patient and feel that I am reaping the rewards as a result. The Uly is by far the best bike on the road, sporty handling for the twisties and comfortable for long runs. Also great for 2 up riding. No other bike competes :D

Joe Pineapples
04-23-2008, 12:35 PM
The only thing which bugs me at the moment is all the deals which new Buell ownes are getting. It feels a bit like we are being ignored, but I suppose that is business.

markwoodlief
04-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Got to love it though.. Just checked on my 2000 dollars worth of free bags ordered last week, will be at the dealer next week.. :) Just timing it seems with buell.. as far as the deals go... Apparently Buell is pretty easy going with warranty work as well.. i've heard of all kinds of stuff being fixed under warranty where most manufactures would leave you hanging.. I called them directly to inquire about this.. I got an actual person on the phone from Buell, and she explained that they WANT to go the extra mile as they are still a small friend group, although they have the corporate sponsorship of Harley, the actual Buell family is small and has a tendancie to care a bit more.. just my thoughts and passing on Buell info.. :)

dickstilton
04-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Hey.. Joe Pineapples.

I quite agree with what you say.
Can you do me a favour and let me know exactly what 'Teething' problems you have had with your Uly? Forewarned is forearmed as they say. Feel free to email direct on dickstilton@gmail.com Cheers![up]

Joe Pineapples
04-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi dickstilton,

I have sent you a quick message. Nothing too dramatic, and definitely nothing that has put me off the bike. :)