PDA

View Full Version : Storz steering damper

bahamasair
02-18-2007, 04:03 AM
Hey guys I got a Storz steering damper from Buellpartsguy who was great to deal with btw. I installed it this evening and loved it apart from the heim joint that attaches to the fork that allowed the whole damper to shake up and down. The roads here are **** so it was shaking all over the place. To fix it I took a piece of rubber fuel line left over from my vette and forced it over the spacer to make the joint tighter. Its now perfect. So anyone who is having a problem with a sloppy fit on their damper might want to give it a try. Ill try get a couple of pics tomorrow to show exactly what i did after my hangover wears off.

bahamasair
02-18-2007, 04:11 AM
I must have had too much to drink since I cant see how to edit my post but if anyone wants a copy of the pdf of the factory manual for the 2003 xb9r let me know.
Damn I see the edit button now lol.

buellxb
02-18-2007, 05:33 AM
So would you say that it's worth getting a storz steering stabilizer? My XB12 is all stock, but I haven't been riding wheelies either.

BuellPartsGuy
02-18-2007, 06:16 AM
Like I told bahama, I wouldn't ride another Buell without one.

Thanks bahama :)

bahamasair
02-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I think its worth getting one. You dont have to be doing wheelies to need it. Under hard acceleration its easy for the front wheel to come up just an inch or 2 and I like to know nothing bad is going to happen when it comes back down :)