PDA

View Full Version : Knight Design Now Have Spooled Sliders

stellio78
12-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Just noticed that Knight Design now have spooled sliders so I thought I'd let you guys know as a few people seemed interested in purchasing some.

http://www.knightdesignllc.com/index_files/axlesliders.htm

Miami78
12-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Very nice!

xtremelow
12-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Hmmm, might have a couple more itmes to choose from when I get my bike tightened up.

Got sliders, but still tossing around shifter/clutch levers and pegs.

misternikko
12-27-2010, 08:50 AM
DAMN. I like those blue ones for my 09 hero blue. Anyone wanna buy my 1 week old 50dro sliders?

MuSh
12-27-2010, 09:50 AM
The red anodized will probably look great on my cherry bomb. Wish they had pictures so I can see how they match the wheels.

50dro
12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Anyone wanna buy my 1 week old 50dro sliders?

[sad]

They look like they make some nice stuff though...Look for a spooled design from me in the Spring.[up]

anrkizm95
12-27-2010, 11:11 AM
not a big fan of the spooled ones the others just look better imo

delta one
12-27-2010, 11:12 AM
DAMN. I like those blue ones for my 09 hero blue. Anyone wanna buy my 1 week old 50dro sliders?

full set front and rear?
I might be interested because they use a grub screw, those knight designs look good until they close over the bolt hole in a slide.
I'll just get a lift groove milled out at my local shop.

observe a once hollow bar
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_th7hbw2B1WM/TISJ2iOgJFI/AAAAAAAAAgc/Rwdn1Wb822k/s720/DSC_4775.JPG

many guys have had the same issue with frame sliders and bar end sliders

misternikko
12-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Anyone wanna buy my 1 week old 50dro sliders?

They look like they make some nice stuff though...Look for a spooled design from me in the Spring.

no offense to you or your product. They are great as I posted in your thread a few times. I just think those blue sliders would look killer with my hero blue wheels. I dont even care about them being spooled.

50dro
12-27-2010, 11:48 AM
no offense to you or your product. They are great as I posted in your thread a few times. I just think those blue sliders would look killer with my hero blue wheels. I dont even care about them being spooled.

None taken. Good luck whatever you decide. I haven't offered colors other than black mainly because it's really difficult to match with anodizing and powder coating gets expensive.

misternikko
12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Im more than likely keeping them anyway. i dont think the blue will be too light as usual when it comes to anodizing.

Baal
12-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Gotta give Knight Designs some ups for continuing to add new products for Buells.

thumpin1203
12-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey, I talked to Randy(Knight designs)today on his cell and he has no problem working with us buellers on custom apps.... say, if we want non-spooled sliders for the front, and spooled for the rear(me) and custom "split" short bar-ends for our uly/sx handguards..etc,etc sounds like quick turnaround time too..

crxtasy169
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Hell I want spooled for the front to it makes cleaning the wheels a lot easier.

Boss9
12-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes, I'm working on the Non-spool version for the Front Axle sliders as requested. Also the shorter bar-ends to accept the hand guard. I expect to show the axle sliders in other colors soon. We do a lot of custom work, and some of these turn into production items, such as the shorter bar-ends and the non-spool sliders.
I'm always interested in what other Bueller's like and want, so you can always post or email me with your thoughts and ideas. We (Knight Design LLC ) plan to continue to provide quality parts for Buells for many years. We are branching off into several other markets, but this just make's it possible to continue to grow dispite the struggling economy. Thanks for the positive feedback.

crxtasy169
12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/4087_20100222074144_L.jpg
One of these!

delta one
12-29-2010, 09:09 PM
One of these!

that is a nice looking brake bracket!

LOL :p

Boss9
12-29-2010, 09:17 PM
One of these
I'll try and take a look at it this weekend, to see if I can design and produce one. Probably can, just need a better look. This is the brace or bracket around the rear tire, right? Send me whatever other info or pics you have of it.

delta one
12-29-2010, 09:20 PM
how much is a custom etched brake fluid cover?
I may also need some help refining the design a bit too

Miami78
12-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Ordered a set of KD sliders just a little while ago. :D

Randy - it's a license plate bracket, we've tried a few times to get someone to make one, but with no luck. Never seen any other pictures of it either...

If you could make something nice that would be awesome! Something that gets the plate up high on the wheel while still being visible from the rear.

delta one
12-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I know that you guys have been trying to get that for a while but have you figured out how you will light it when you get it?

crxtasy169
12-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Yup my plate frame has 6 bright ass lights in it, I am going to run the wire down the back. I want the back to have a small channel milled out to hide the wire in and then just silicone over to keep it in place(so no zip ties needed) and protect the wire and run the rest of the wire up the swing arm on the brake line. Plus I have an Ss so most of the brake line is covered you will never see a bit of the wire.

Miami78
12-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm hoping the downfacing led's from my xblights tail would be enough...otherwise maybe run some wires down, around, and up the arm to those little light up bolts most places sell?

thumpin1203
12-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Just ordered F/R sliders and split stainless bar-ends F/Randy today, can hardly wait to get em'...they're just what I have been looking for!.. Hey, let's pursue a "legal in all states" swingarm plate hanger idea.. I'm thinking, "slim, modern, retro S1 lightning" style, way cool with a chopped tail!:)

Boss9
12-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Cutom License Plate bracket really appeals to me. Think I can make something pretty trick. Might be fun to have others put in thier ideas for it, and we can mill it around a bit. I can post a 3D model of it out of Solidworks, to get some feedback on it. I'll take a look later this weekend, buried in after Christmas orders for the next few days.
Delta One, if you have a sketch or idea for your custom reservoir cover, we can help you complete the design and engrave it for you. Cost is based on how much work is required get a complete line drawing of the artwork. Some are easy, some take longer depending on if we have to pull the artwork out of a .jpg or pdf file. Extra cost is either null, or up to $20.00 extra.

Baal
12-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Hell I want spooled for the front to it makes cleaning the wheels a lot easier.

Um. do you have two "rear" stands?

konarider94
12-30-2010, 12:06 PM
just purchased some spooled sliders from them and a set of stands on ebay. i got the headlift stand for the front

delta one
12-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Um. do you have two "rear" stands?

he probably just puts the rear stand on the front, you don't need both wheels in the air at the same time to clean it.

its not a bad idea either, with my new LSL damper I can no longer use my pit bull front stand.

thumpin1203
12-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Gotta be careful when using a lower fork stand "only" though..the bike will tip over at the slightest touch....ask me how I know! (yes, I caught it, but, whew was it a handful) A guy needs the rear on a stand too for support...

crxtasy169
12-30-2010, 06:02 PM
I have my own lift at the house so I would just back it into the wheel chock and use the rear jacklift on the front.

Miami78
12-30-2010, 06:33 PM
If you get the GPI industries (http://www.gpiindustries.com/) front/rear stands you can use the spool adapters on either front or rear, so you could lift the rear with the paddle adapters and the front with the spools.

Baal
12-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Gotta be careful when using a lower fork stand "only" though..the bike will tip over at the slightest touch

Absolutely. Unless the rear is secure, the bike can pivot around the steering head and fall over. I know this is true with a fork lift stand (and therefore if you're using slotted sliders to lift the front); I suspect it is with the other (steering stem lift) stand as well.

Just tryin' to he'p.

thumpin1203
12-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Why yes, exactly my point, Baal!...(rotating on the steering axis is as they say, very baaaad..haha!) I have a wide stance, paddle style LP stand that brings the rear up FIRST every time from now on...& have the adjustable, vertical lower fork leg "pin style" for the front, to allow axle/wheel removal..(no real need for front spools)... seems to work well & is very secure.