PDA

View Full Version : 1125r vs rc8 vs 1098 vs v4

justice720
04-19-2008, 11:15 AM
1125r vs rc8 vs 1098 vs v4 any thoughts? any racers that have ridden them all?

buell007
04-20-2008, 12:56 AM
for the price 1125r for all out race 1098 for the newness rc8. for me xb9r [cool]

TheBeav
04-23-2008, 01:26 AM
I do not believe the 1125R is intended for race use. Though I am sure it would do well. It is definitely the right price comparatively!

XBear9S
05-10-2008, 02:13 AM
CycleWorld just did a comparison on the 25 vs the 848. They were not kind to Buell. From the sound of their report, they didn't feel obligated to be kind. They were kind to the Duc...

In the same mag there's an article on the RC8. They seemed to love that bike. Check it out. Most of your questions will be answered there. Personally, I think there's a lot to like about this bike. It freakin' beautiful for one thing. They even have the underslung exhaust...

I'm hard core Buell. Anyone's who's ever read my posts here or anywhere else knows that, but I'm not overly proud of the 25.... yet. Duh. This is the first generation of a mostly new bike for Buell, and we're gonna have to be patient. If you are a first generation 25 owner, you may have to be even more patient than the rest of us.

I'm sure that as the issues are popping up, Buell will be working to solve them and improve b4 the next model hits the streets. I read the comment above about the 25 not being for racing, and that is just plain wrong. Buell has always built their bikes from a racing perspective. The 25 was designed to be a race ready bike. And from the last few races I've follow-up on, its been holding its own better than just about any Buell has ever done. So, there is some good news. They learn a lot by racing these bikes. Improvements will move to the street very quickly.

Real life? My bud Shane's bike was the second replaced engine Buell authorized. His "finger-followers" disintegrated and things got ugly in there. The dealer wasted no time. They had two techs coming back that week from 25 training and as quick as the problem was assessed, Buell authorized the replacement. Once the engine was received, it was back in his hands in less than a week, and less than a week later, he was done with his break-in period. He tells me that its a much better bike this time, than it was when the first time. Maybe Buell will learn something from this. I hope...

My '03 XB9S Lightning just broke 44k. I wish she'd live forever. I'll do what I can to keep her going as long as she can. She was a first generation XB and except for a couple minor hiccups, she's never let me down. She looks as good as the day I bought her and runs stronger than ever, thanx to a couple minor upgrades. Some of us DO get lucky.

The other couple 25 owners I know, haven't had any serious issues yet. Minor complaints yes, but issues, no. There's a great thread on BadWeb if you want to keep up with more 25 stories.

"Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Buell."
--"AshBuelly" Williams in Army of Darkness

sinpieces
08-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I tried the 1125R, i would rather take a gixxer if i was in for a bike like this. I tried the new Suzuki B-king. This bike is such a monster. Just looking at fun factor, this bike blew me away. The engine is way cool and the acceleration is striking leaving most behind. What a blast. It is heavy, but handles very good - the bike is like glued to the road. 200Km/h and i did let go due to the small road. But this bike would be mine before the 1125R. I might get my balls cooked for this, i don't care, i am honest. I do not know about the CR model, if it is as bad as the 1125R in the lower rpms i don't like it.

shilohsk8
08-18-2008, 05:35 AM
There is no doubt that Buell will turn the 1125R platform into something awesome, but I wouldn't wait around with all the new bad-ass bikes out there now. Don't get me wrong I love Buells for there innovation and styling and I love my XB12S, but the 1125R-CR is butt ugly! If I was in the market for a new bike I would be getting a KTM RC8 Venom.[up]

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1864_20080817223250_L.jpg

Buellysses
08-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Huh, I wonder where they got the idea for that big ol' swingarm and the exhaust underneath. Probly a good idea though.

shilohsk8
08-18-2008, 06:19 AM
We know where they got that from and were probably going to see a lot more of it from other manufacturers. Buell did a great job introducing the low center of gravity I only wished they spent more time on their 1125 power-plant and styling. Then I would have no reason to be lusting after a KTM.:D

Buellysses
08-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I went to a KTM dealer (right next to my local HD dealer) and was just poking around. I was looking at the Duke, salesman was trying to get me to buy it so I told him I just got a bike. I told him it was a Buell, then he basically told me I was an idiot for buying it.

Last time I ever went into his store...

That is a very nice looking bike though.

shilohsk8
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
You can't let some stupid salesman turn you off to something he doesn't make KTM's. I know how you feel though I probably would have punched him in the face if he told me I was an idiot for buying a Buell.[mad]:D:D

lb1096
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I ride with an 2004 R1 every weekend and after many drag races and twisty roads him and i both agree that my 1125r is a good match for his R1. the only time the yamaha had an advantage is above 110 mph. and its a slight advantage.
where is this ktm dealer located? im feelin frisky [mad]

Thaloc
09-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Man if some dealer was dumb enough to let me test ride an RC8...I wonder how long the ride from the Washington state to Tijuana is?:p

buell007
09-07-2008, 02:35 PM
i would ride with you i bet it would take us about 29 hours i willing to test that time line[up]

sinpieces
09-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Regarding the Venom bike. There's no release date for this bike. As i understand it won't be released during 2009 either. Nakeds are still my bag. Tried the new Fireblade, Gixxer and 1125R. I would take the Fireblade if i took one of those bikes. Only gripe is, those bikes only make sense (for me) if going really fast all the time. I sense this is not my best move. I'd be looking more at likes like the SD R, Moto Morini Veloce, Venom (as Shilo mentioned). Where the heck are those bikes that would be listed and seriously be bought owned and loved as, "a keeper/ keepers"?

Wakans Track Racer looks like a blast but it's not made for street and they cost a freakin' fortune. Them guys refuse to answer emails also (that is really (NOT) smart when they try to establish a market). The latest Japs (nakeds) still address me as a bore, even though they probably run great and offer great quality... bla bla.
As for the 1125 platform it doesn't appeal to me at all. Sad that is!
I hope Buell and HD find reason and look into the looking glass... i don't believe the 1125 was a good move. Atleast it doesn't seem so from what i have heard from people dealing with Buells.
Why does it also, even more now, feels like there's no idea buy a Buell untill a few years from now. I really guess in 5 years we'll see the fruit of the collaboration with MV Agusta. Mv will do the better, more exclusive bikes and Buell will handle the more sane market bikes. I want something hot.. and i want it now.

FIDOSOL
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey Sin....Benelli has a hot bike, the Cafe Racer 1130 That bike looks freaking sik...

sinpieces
09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey Fido:D

yupp, i've seen it.
Quite funny, passenger pegs but no seat for a passenger. SMART!
The injection is crude and needs to be better. Also there has been reports of problem with the electrical, due to the battery. This bike i would not buy, in a few years maybe. I know it looks kind of nasty, but there is simply to much small problems that should have been taken care of before it was released. Makes me wonder, how about those things not noticed untill the bike has a few years and miles to it..