PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Ulysses Recall

2Evil4U
02-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Just got a notification of a new recall on my bike. The letter says that the '06-'07 Ulysses are being recalled because, "they may have a vibration at the mounting location of the bank angle sensor which, if combined with the misrouting of various wires that impinge on the sensor or its pigtail, can compromise the isolation of the bank angle sensor. Under certain circumstances, this may create a false "tip" signal and cause the engine to quit while an operator is riding the motorcycle."

The correction seems to be to move the bank angle sensor from its current position on the battery tray to a new location on the seat latch. Time to complete is estimated at less than one hour. Repair kits will be available the week of 2/26.

Guess I'll be stopping by the dealer again.

buellxb
02-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for helping spread the word for the Ulysses recall.

BuellPartsGuy
02-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Yup. The first recall was on the kickstands of the Uly's.

Just an FYI for all the 03 Firebolt and Lightning owners out there. There is a recall on the wheel bearings. Its not going to be a mailed out recall. You can tell if you need this recall if you look at your wheel bearings and the seal on them is black. That is the telltale sign that you need the recall. The recall updates your bearings to an orange seal bearing. Its still a free of charge thing. Look at your bearings and if you need it, call your dealer and let them know. They will schedule an appointment to get it done and order the bearing kits because hardly a dealer out there stocks them.

2Evil4U
02-22-2007, 12:50 AM
It's not a big deal. We pretty much always buy American, (Except for my daughter, I had her buy a Honda for obvious reasons.), so I'm used to a few trips back to the dealer. I've been very impressed with Harley Davidson Buell of Baton Rouge.

I called them today and they haven't received the kits yet. They're going to call me back when the parts come in.

To tell the truth, I don't think the BAS on my bike works anyway. Literally, the first day I bought the bike, I dumped it. (Grabby, not-broken-in brakes I wasn't used to. Totally my fault.) Anyway, the bike was still idling away on its side when I got to it. Suposedly, the Bank Angle Sensor kills the motor when the bike tips over.[confused]

BuellPartsGuy
02-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah it is supposed to kill the engine at anything more than 60 degree lean. (you can not lean any buell past 50 degrees) I would definately get that checked out.