PDA

View Full Version : Advertise on Buellxb.com

buellxb
01-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I've decided to accept advertising on Buellxb.com. The proceeds of this advertising will go to support additional giveaways, more how to videos by Dave, payment for site hosting, bug fixes and future functionality upgrades.

The current Google ads and BuellParts.net partnership have been supporting our efforts up to now, but I want to do more for the users and take Buellxb.com to the next level this spring and summer. I'm creating one ad size, 160 pixel by 160 pixel JPEG, that will be added to every page of the entire site in the right side navigation. Currently we have ads for 50Dro Axle Sliders and Pink Gorilla Cycles for helping us with discounts and giveaways. Hawk Performance mufflers will be added soon.

These ads will remain as long as they contribute to the giveaways per our agreement. Additional ads will be sold in minimum 6 month increments. Ad prices will be $100 per month for a total of $600 for the full six months. This will include a 160 by 160 pixel JPEG ad with a link to a custom forum thread or to a site of the advertisers choice. Ads must relate to and support the Buell community.

As of January 2011 Buellxb.com averages 2,400 to 3,100 visitors per day with pageviews averaging 20,000 per day. These numbers are always growing peaking during the summer months. Our lowest traffic day of 2010 was 1,600 visitors on Christmas day.

Payment for ads should be made via PayPal. Please PM me with ALL your contact information and I will tell you where to email your ad information for inclusion on Buellxb.com.

Thank you for your support! [up]

nativeXb12Rbuell
01-09-2011, 11:30 PM
that sounds great and supports buellxb.com and the Buell community.[up][up]

why not ask EBR if you can offer them some FREE advertising here .

maybe a small ad like 50dro sliders or Buellparts.net, to help support the man, & his new company Erik Buell Racing, and help him to continue to bring the world Erik Buell built motorcycles.
doing this would not only help support the Buell community, it would also show Erik Buell that he has support and lots of people that want him to succeed with ERIK BUELL RACING and his new bikes !!

it would be great for EBR to get some advertising out there to the world. why not BUELLXB.com be the first to help EBR do that.

and if need be I would be willing to paypal donate a little to help this out.

jasonxb9
01-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Although that is a decent idea, I think he is looking for people to advertise to gain a bi more revenue to go towards making the site better for all of us.

nativeXb12Rbuell
01-09-2011, 11:43 PM
i understand that , reread again, (edit).
we got to help out too here and with EBR if we ever want to see an Erik Buell bike again its a small company with small revenue coming in .EBR needs the support & the money from investors & money from bike & parts sales to help keep it going. thats what i am saying.

plus one to anyone that helps support
BuellXB.com and EBR

buellxb
01-09-2011, 11:56 PM
That's a great idea. I don't know why I haven't already added a link or free ad to Erik Buell Racing yet. Maybe We could get Dave to create a sweet ad for EBR and I'll add it as soon as possible.

dave_xb12r
01-09-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm on it

thumpin1203
01-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Grreat forward thinking, fellas.. In the spirit of Buell american motorcycle enthusiasm, I applaud..

Stevenc150
01-10-2011, 10:33 AM
[up] Jeremy. Thanks for taking the time out to support/grow a site that caters to a brand of bike that was killed - but hopefully will ,in a sense, be resurrected in the future to what it once was. Also for not turning it into just another "Bad" site. ;) I've been here awhile, and you're putting forth as much effort into this site as some of the Jap brand Bike sites I've seen.

Also a huge [up] to Dave's efforts on the site as well as the entire BuellXB community, since we all make it what it is & is to be.

nativeXb12Rbuell
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Can't wait to see the ad !!!
[up][up] :) :D

i second that steven,
couldnt of said better.

delta one
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
my question is how will this affect those that make sell products that are not sponsors?

(some may already be sponsors and if they are pretend they are not for the example ;))
gb exhaust knight designs polkiejoe (when he was here and selling) hawk performance the few guys that have make rear caliper brackets ect

will they be given the same treatment here as they have (historically) been given on badweb?

dave_xb12r
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
It doesnt effect them. This is just for ad placement on the side and top of the forum.

delta one
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
It doesnt effect them. This is just for ad placement on the side and top of the forum.

SWEET!!

nilla
01-11-2011, 12:08 AM
im all for seeing an EBR add on here, but i'd think that most on here would allready know about the EBR site ... ...

could/should their add be a window to any recent changes/additions/sales?
i've come across a few 'new to me' items on EBR's site and it would be nice to get updated on changes/news.
i guess it'll be what EBR wants it to be, just putting in my 0.02

and +1 for the sweetness

Supermanrider
01-11-2011, 04:33 AM
im all for seeing an EBR add on here, but i'd think that most on here would allready know about the EBR site ...

Yeah most of us do but you still get some traffic from new members and random guest on the site

Plus it will be like a giant favorites button on the side of the web page for easy access

crxtasy169
01-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't mind any advertising to help support this site and others I just hate the fact that when you open some forums the advertising is over the post so you can't read it some times. That being said a smaller buellxb.com logo on the pictures would be nicer to since you can't read some of the motivational posters and other pictures captions. If these were remedied it would be more than greatly appreciated!!!

buellxb
01-11-2011, 09:25 PM
@crxtasy169 - If everyone would just use the Member's Buell Pics application built into this site we wouldn't have any images or posts running into, below or above any of the ads. This will always be a problem with a fixed width forum. The logo is just a watermark designed to give credit to the image host. We pay over $300 per month for hosting because of the traffic volume and image hosting on this site. It's all of our money. What I have to spend on hosting comes directly out of giveaways, how to videos and site upgrades. As long as the logo on images drives some back to this site we get more visitors which turns into more ad dollars.

I've talked to my programmer about automatically resizing large images hosted on other sites that run over or under the ads, but he keeps telling me there are problems making it work right. If any of you are programmers or know a good one that has a solution for this, please PM me.

nativeXb12Rbuell
02-09-2011, 12:13 AM
hey dave i know you are and have been busy , but whats the word on the when the ad for EBR will be up on here??

Jobe Zeebuh
02-09-2011, 12:21 AM
You had me until you said this

more how to videos by Dave

LOL! j/k Dave! You rock dude!

nativeXb12Rbuell
05-20-2011, 11:54 PM
[up][up]
just noticed it today, the Erik Buell Racing link at top of page !!