PDA

View Full Version : High Prices = Old Gas?

mrdozer2you
04-24-2008, 05:06 PM
I filled up at Mobil the other day and I think I got some old gas. I was filling up as normal with 93 and as it was going in my tank it looked really yellow, almost Mountain Dew like. I thought it a bit strange and continued pumping. When I started my bike, it surged real hard, the engine light came on, and it died. Real hard to re-start. ( I was pissed) The gas station of course denied any problems with the fuel.

Prices in my area are nearing $4.00 a gallon for 87 octane. Premium is already over $4 considerably. Im thinking that the higher the price goes the longer the higher octane/ Premiums will sit in the tanks at the station as less people will fork over the higher prices. I dont really think their is any solution for this except be really careful where you fill up at. Just my thoughts I wanted to share :D

Phrogg
04-25-2008, 03:17 PM
We just had a gas station here my town, that had 450 gallons of water in it. Funny thing that all the cars died as they went out.

mrdozer2you
04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
We just had a gas station here my town, that had 450 gallons of water in it. Funny thing that all the cars died as they went out.

Really...really annoying that is. Everyone be very careful as you fill up this summer. Im sure as prices rise this problem will be seen more often. Take a look at the fuel coming from the nozzle as you fill.

My friend filled the same time as me...same thing on his Honda. He also noticed the fuel color and thought it odd. He said it looked almost like coolant.[mad]

Fock347
04-27-2008, 01:55 AM
wow havnt had that happen to me yet, plus my buddys dad is the state fire marshall, and he says its a major fine if there is any water in the gas stations tanks . so next time contact your state fire marshall and report it. Ph test will tell you if its good gas or not.