PDA

View Full Version : Forcewinder Exhaust?

TMC
04-27-2008, 04:21 AM
hey guy's just bought my first buell 2008 firebolt XB12. I was looking for someone that sells this exhaust pipe. I just love the sound of it

LeFox
04-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Forcewinder Exhaust?
doesn't exist... [smirk]
forcewinder is an air-intake used for harleys and tuber-buells.
exhaust is exhaust...the question is what you want from it (just sound, more low-end, etc)

;)

anyway, congrats on your buy...have fun! [cool]

TMC
04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I want loud and mean sounding

scobbie001
04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
He's probably got his parts mixed up. TMC, are you talking about the TI Force Exhaust? If that is the case, there are several online retailers that carry that exhaust. Good luck. ;)

TMC
04-27-2008, 02:02 PM
go to this site this is what I'm talking about. useforce.com

LeFox
04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
yep, that's a ti force exhaust...

you can order them through that same site and for what they are asking, it's pretty cheap.

just so you'd know, you'll loose low-end power with that pipe.

TMC
04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
This is the ti force. http://www.tiforce.com/top_page.html

scobbie001
04-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Ah...we are all wrong. That is not the Ti Force exhaust, but it's not a "forcewinder" either. I don't know anything about those pipes, the header design is cool, but they are chrome, which I personally don't prefer. If you are trying different options for exhaust systems, try americansportbike.com, they have a huge work up about most all pipes available for XB's, including dyno charts and sound bytes.

LeFox
04-28-2008, 06:42 AM
dang...i need to look at things closer...:o

the end-tube of the exhaust is exactly like the old ti-force system. but seems it's not from ti-force, just force...same company? don't know

ti-force upgraded their exhaust with that twintip can.

but they are chrome, which I personally don't prefer
according to that site you can also get them jet-coated.

scobbie001
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
according to that site you can also get them jet-coated.

We're all off on this one. [smirk]

TMC
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
well according to force the pipe that I want is no longer being made for buell. That just eats my lunch!!!! So what's the loudest and best sounding pipe I can get for my bike?

LeFox
04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
well that's hard to say, since it's actually personal prefference.

the ti-force system is i think probably the loudest, but you will loose low-end power.
but if you're going for the music, you will be very happy with that pipe!
a d&d is an easier to place exhaust with a loud and hard sound.

the gold for sound and performance (for me) goes to the micron system.

and i can go on, cause jardine gives some nice popping sounds and remus isn't bad either once you remove the db-killers....

like i said, it's all personal prefference...but if you're going for loud, ti-force and d&d is your best choice

TMC
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Well I don't want to pay $1500 for the Ti-Force so I'll be getting the D&D. Are there any online dealers for D&D??

swood1001
04-29-2008, 03:08 AM
I have read alot of post regarding exhaust on this forum. I'm a first time Buell owner (04 XB9R) and everyone talks about making the firebolt sound like a Harley. Is there a slip-on exhaust that makes it sound like an average sportbike? I'm not as concerned with power as I am with sound (it's enough power for a first time rider, i think). Any help is greatly appreciated!!

LeFox
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Are there any online dealers for D&D??
d&d (http://www.danddexhaust.com/)

Is there a slip-on exhaust that makes it sound like an average sportbike?
http://smile.smilies.nl/1850.gif
think you have the wrong engine for that one...
it's not to make it sound like a harley, it's to make it sound raw, loud & powerfull ;)

kakkarott3
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm a first time Buell owner (04 XB9R) and everyone talks about making the firebolt sound like a Harley.
It is a Harley made product, so with a new exhaust it will sound like a louder and smoother Harley product.