PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the EBR race ECM? 08 XB12....

Ronson
01-28-2011, 02:08 AM
[confused]Ok here it is and can anyone shed some light on this? got an 08 Lightning XB12Ss, with the 45mm equal length headers fitted, Drummer and open airbox mod. Got the EBR race ECM fitted by the local HD dealer....6 weeks and $1000 AU dollars later, this was in July, not good figures 89BHP at the back and 76 lbs foot of torques.....performace slowly degraded with variable throttle response. Took the bike back to the dealer, they refitted the stock ECM took out the race and blammed that....!!!!, spoke with EBR they say the dealer has not / can not set the ECM up right.....anyone had overheating / poor performance problems with the EBR race ECM? or problmes with tuners setting it up???

ich
01-28-2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9474

anrkizm95
01-28-2011, 03:57 AM
did you get the ebr ecm for the drummer or the race ecm?both have been locked by ebr so unless you bought the tuneing software from ebr and had it unlocked no one will be able to tune it for you.my bike runs cooler with the ebr ecm due to the updated fan settings.i reset my tps once a week wich helps.my bike dosnt like the rides to work in traffic i reset the tps and it runs fine again.09 xb12 with d&d 101 hp 93 ft lbs at the rear wheel.your drummer should get a few more than mine.

Supermanrider
01-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Anrkizm95 did you have the ecm for the jardin pipe?

anrkizm95
01-28-2011, 04:48 PM
ive had both ebr for jardine and the programmable race ecm.the jardine was really close.i sent the jardine back and bought the software to program because im going to do some engine work.

Ronson
01-29-2011, 05:05 AM
I've got the software, the cable, the whole package, as i said the HD dealer spent 6 weeks with the Race ECM trying to get it to load....cost me over a $1000 australian dollars, when they eventually got it to work they could not tell me why it would not load? EBR even sent over another ECM because the Tech at the dealer said the ECM was faulty......I got a spikey curve, only 87BHP at the back wheel and 76 lb's foot of torque......less then 6 months later the bike was running like a pig, especially in hot weather, variable throttle reponse and wierd power loss around 3000 to 4500, took the bike back in December...they took out the race ECM and put the stock back in. Currently working with a solicitor to see what i can do, Frasers in Perth.....spoke with EBR they say all it needs is someone to set it up right....got a Drummer map for the ECM, just need to find a tuner in Perth who can use the EBR spoftware, most don't want to know becasue "its not a power commander" need to find a guy and set it all up, so you have over 100BHP at the back wheel, can you send me your dyno print outs? I'll sned you mine? be great to compare..

anrkizm95
01-29-2011, 05:32 AM
i need to find them im not real good about hanging on to stuff.ill look around today.you may want to check for other problems also.mine has the same power loss around 4000 rpm.if i ride easy or putt around in traffic.to cure this i do a tps reset and ride about 20 miles shiftting only above 5000 rpm and cruise between 5500 and 6800 rpm then the bike is fine again.have you looked at the dyno sheets for your set up on asb exhaust shoot out. asb (http://www.americansportbike.com/Exhaust_Shootout.html)

Ronson
01-31-2011, 05:27 AM
OK, now TPS reset, thats engine switched on, roll the throttle back and fore 3 times taking about a second each time? is that right? currently taking frasers to court......[up]

anrkizm95
02-01-2011, 01:52 PM
'08+ TPS Reset Procedure:

- Turn on the key.

- Set the kill switch to the run position.

- Don’t start the engine. Rotate the throttle from fully closed (gently forced closed) to fully open (gently held open), and then back again to closed (gently forced closed).

- Repeat 3 times. Hold each position (fully open, fully closed) for 1 full second.

- Turn the key off and on.steven150's post

Ronson
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks......I did not know about the key part, Solicitor says i have a solid case, looking to get my $1000 back from Frasers and find a tuner who can set up the race ECM....:)

anrkizm95
02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
couldnt find my slips cant seem to find anything in the middle of remodleing my house.good luck

Ronson
02-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks, all I need to do then is find a Dyno tuner who can set up the EBR ECM....properly.[up]

jimijeans
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM
I have the EBR ecm on my 08-XB12R,A/ Drummer SS and K&N with no air box mods.,didn't want it to run to lean with too much air. All I did was install it myself RE-set TPS W/the key turn method and fired it up. let her come up to temp.,and took it out for a ride. Put a quick 11.7 miles on the bike.Ran smooth. Quite peppy i must say. Checked it with the computer when I got home.I have the Buell/Harley Davidson Software kits For Diagnostics & it was a Technoresearch kit.( Works great)! COST a LOT. But I have a small shop so didn't have a choice. Maybe I'm missing something here.Thought Eriks was kinda plug and play ? Unless Ronson got the programable kit. I'm saving for that one as well . I know that the Dealer in the USA for Harley D/ uses the Digital Tech/ thats only for Them can't buy it Dealer only! Plus theirs has to be updated every month .It doesn't sinc with EBRs software!Thats why I went another route. Hope all turns out OK!