PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin vs. Corbin?

williegoat
01-29-2011, 09:13 AM
I am going to order a seat for my Firebolt that I will use only for longer rides. I am leaning towards Corbin, but was also considering other options.
Tell me your experience, opinions and post pics of your Firebolt aftermarket seats.

Alfatango1
01-29-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm going to send my stock seat to Baldwin and have them put the memory foam or whatever it is they use in it. I don't want to change the seat thickness just make it more comfortable.

Livers
01-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Here is my Baldwin on the Firebolt:

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/4575_20091221085523_L.jpg

I had Loren put everything in it for cush, and told him I'm a short guy. He narrowed the front so I can still tippy-toe, which I have to anyway. Maybe raised it an inch. The ride is excellent. With the options offered with the Baldwin, I wouldn't look much farther.

Livers
01-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Here you go: Baldwin for Firebolt (http://www.motorbikesaddles.com/Buell%20XBR%20Firebolt%20Seats.htm)

Miami78
01-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Definitely Baldwin...Corbin has horrible customer service and their seats are cookie cutter, you get the same as everyone else. Baldwin makes the seat custom to you and how you want it (higher/lower, thinner/wider), and he is a buell enthusiast with great customer service.

Baal
01-29-2011, 06:07 PM
I'd rather ride on the frame rails than give money to Corbin.

But maybe that's just me.

rah7777777
01-29-2011, 06:28 PM
I had a Corbin on my S, it was comfy but added too much height.

So I bought a stock SCG seat and sent it off to Baldwin.
He added a gel insert and reshaped it... Looks and feels GREAT!!

I highly suggest Baldwin!
-Robert

Dave A
01-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Baldwin huh, good topic, my butts toast after an hour an half. I wanna ride more but get to uncomfortable. A new seat is a mod I may invest in.

stellio78
01-30-2011, 02:21 AM
I think my stock Ss seat is very comfortable but I do love the look of the Baldwin seats, much nicer then the Corbon ones.

Clyde
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I have the Baldwin seat on my lightning, Loren is a real professional and a buell addict. He made my seat taller and with the gell pack with blue stiffing to suit the hero blue, it has totaly changed my bike for me, it is so comfortable now with enough space between the top of the saddle and pegs. He also flattened the seat so i no longer slip forward into the tank.
The quality that Loren puts outs amazing, the stiching is perfect, I was blown away when it was delivered.

I got talking to Loren about some other things that was wanting to do to my bike but the problems I was having getting spares for my bike here in Hong Kong, Loren went to his local dealer and got the parts and sent them to me with the saddle.
The man is a star !!!!