PDA

View Full Version : Motivation not to quit Erik...

onelogue
01-30-2011, 12:08 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3100_20110130060746_L.jpg

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3100_20101201072618_L.jpg

xtremelow
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Nice, at first I was thinking how in the hell did more Buells sell than Harleys but I didn't see the different side bar listings.

Good stuff, I am sure if Buell stayed around the 2010/2011 years would have nearly doubled with all the racing PR Buell got.

Sirius815
01-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Sad really..

WALLSXB
01-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Imagine what those numbers would of been if they had advertised and sold through a different dealer network. [smirk]

anrkizm95
01-30-2011, 01:39 PM
imagine what those numbers would have been if the bikes had the engine of eriks choice not h/d

onelogue
01-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Imagine what those numbers would of been if they hadÂ* advertised and sold through a different dealer network.

Agreed! I have said it since the beginning, If only HD cared about advertising the Buell more, i had no idea what one looked like til 2008.

imagine what those numbers would have been if the bikes had the engine of eriks choice not h/d

Meh Ill have to admit i bought my bike because it was related to HD. The idea of a air-cooled v-twin street bike is what turned me on. Love the motor in my bike! Now if only Erik got to turbo them like he initially planned.

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3100_20101201072618_L.jpg

anrkizm95
01-30-2011, 01:48 PM
or the v-rod engine they said no to he had wanted water cooled in the 90s

onelogue
01-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Good point, that engine would have been a beast too! Just weighs a bit more.

Jobe Zeebuh
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Harley wanted more people to buy there bikes. Its sad that Buell and Harley parted. It was all business tho. I do like the new V-rod. However, I will continue to support Eric tho because he is a real guy from my home town. I think he has more tricks up his sleeve. Just wait! Maybe eventually he will have his own motorcycle manufacturing plant someday. Or another company may pick him up and make more Buells. Time will tell.

I will say this. I am friends with Eric Buell on facebook. My buddies Fiance went to school with Erics daughter. He is looking for a local painter for some new projects. (Im actually trying to get a job!)

Im not trying to start rumers but take it for what it is. Cheers ;)

upthemaiden
01-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I will continue to support Eric tho because he is a real guy from my home town

Where'd you grow up? and I assume from saying home town that you don't live around Pittsburgh anymore?? I didn't know Erik was from around here until well after I had gotten into the bikes, but we even went to the same college. [up]

jimijeans
01-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Yep, i was a little sad, But then I figured hey its time. Erik is a smart/and a great racer. He took a slow ass bike AND look what he did .HD does not think out of the box (not like he does). The Buell is a fun ride. Handles well, and Erik has left plenty of room for what moves you. Cruisers are ok, But I like to do more than ride in a straight line. I have bought a lot of products from EBR and hope he one day opens a small Dealership .Count me in.:D[up]

squidbuellie
02-16-2011, 11:18 AM
e.buell made a great sportster or should i should i say what a sportster should have evolved into over the last 54 years but now he needs to really think outside the box and change his whole design give up on v twins and go to inline 4s so he can be more competitive.(not saying he's not now) then more people will take the buell brand more seriously and not think of it as a american novelty. buell's are like ford mustangs, xb are like a 70 boss and the 1125 is a 2012 boss if you ran them on the autobahn they would be fast but nothing would piss you off more then when a four door sedan with 6 people in it passes you like your standing still [mad]

Jon0341
02-16-2011, 11:41 AM
As you guys are saying if Harley... Well Harley's hold on Erik is almost over. Whether he is going to build bikes on his own or team up with a big company I believe he will be building the way he wants, he learned that lesson the hard way.

onelogue
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
I dont want liquid cooled :( or a the sound of an Inline-4 :(

nativeXb12Rbuell
02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
if you ran them on the autobahn they would be fast but nothing would piss you off more then when a four door sedan with 6 people in it passes you like your standing still that four door sedan would be the Brabus Rocket (http://www.brabus.com/en/raster.php?page=3&sub=2&id=3220), well Erik has the next rocket it's called the 1190RS , he is going forward , not standing still it may take some time but he has and won't give up from what he has said and done so far!
I don't ever plan on giving up on him or his Buells or his EBR bikes, or the Buell & EBR racers!

I dont want liquid cooled or a the sound of an Inline-4
liquid cooled doesnt bother me that much I like the 1125 & 1190rs,
But I completely agree with you on the "I dont want the Sound of an inline 4", i just dont care for it much, and it's not what i think of when i think BUELL, but i think Erik could make something cool looking & sounding out an inline if he wanted too, now I doubt he wants to go that direction anyways, Erik Buell know whats he's doing when it comes to getting the best power and looks out of a V-Twin liquid or air cooled or otherwise for that matter!
if he did an inline 4 in the future i bet it would be pretty quiet for street or at least sound better than most others or sound like some supercar for the race track!

captain chaos
02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
I can't even begin to tell you how many guys on the GSXR board I frequent say they would never step foot in a Harley dealer to look at a Buell or that when they did step in they were treated as more of a nuisance than a valued customer because they weren't looking at a traditional cruiser. Harley blew it with Buell because they have no vision beyond the antiques they currently sell and short term dollars they bring in. Buell could have been huge had HD put the backing into them that they deserved and sold them outside of their snobby "holier than thou" dealerships.

As far as Erik building an I4....can't see that one happening. Erik seems perfectly happy outside the box. Just imagine a buell/rotax built v4 though. MAJOR drool factor there!

squidbuellie
02-16-2011, 07:30 PM
hey guys don't get me wrong i love my buell
but sometimes outside of the box doesn't get you payed or competitive. i would hate to see e. buell become a custom sport bike builder or a flavor of the month like jessie james or o.c.c or all the other custom bike builders that have come and gone.