PDA

View Full Version : My Buell's

07xb12rblack
02-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Me and my wife just got our Buell xb12r and xb9r both 07's. She wanted to start riding her own and I couldn't see her on a Jap and she wouldn't go for a cruiser. I have had 2 japs and 1 cruiser. Since this year was the last 9's they putting out on the Buell firebolt I figured these are a good choice. We are looking forward to adding many mods and parts to them and riding with other Buells. We are in South Louisiana so if you are in the area or passing through sometimes, hit me up and maybe we could go catch some wind.
http://www.buellxb.com/Buell_firebolts_LA.jpg

buellxb
02-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Nice Firebolts! Is that Buell orange or red? If it's orange that's really bad ass. [up]

07xb12rblack
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Guess its not bad azz It's the stock red for the 07 9's but it has recently made some contact with some gravel so I see paint in its future!!

buellxb
02-22-2007, 04:12 PM
It's never a bad time to think about frame pucks and frame sliders to protect your babies from minor accidents. I think it looks orange next to the darker red on the black firebolt. They're still bad ass status.

texasXB
02-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Sweet rides. That's awesome, you getting the lady one too. She'll be wanting a 12 shortly...

07xb12r
02-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Very nice pair you have there. They compliment each other. The family that rides (buells) together, will have many happy years together. I showed this pic to my fiacee, who also wants to ride. We were looking at the blast because she has never ridden. Seems perfect for her. Did your wife ride before? I have to share something that I know is going to start some comments, but I just have too. Is it hard for you to let her cruise on her own? I have very mixed feeling about this....I want her to enjoy all the things that come with the motorcycling that I enjoy, I know that before she hits the hiway she will be trained/ maybe ride better than me (haha). But this fear of the other person/driver/dog/ect. Yet I go and ride agressive/stunt at times and feel in control in all situations? Another thing or the same thing...6th sense or second guessing a situation...i know its saved your life before as well as mine, can that feeling be taught to someone? Anyways, this is supposed to be about your nice rides. Which they are indeed. Keep us posted on your mods, as i will do the same. God bless you and your wife as well as all of us Buell riders as we hit the highways on these awesome bikes.

07xb12rblack
02-24-2007, 01:26 AM
No, my wife never rode, this is her first on just about anything with 2-wheels. O.K. my fear is riding on the side of her while she takes a bad spill leaving me feeling helpless but the only way to avoid that is lots of practice. I would never put her in a dangerous position if I can help it but if I can't I would feel lots of guilt. So for now we wil ride slow and cautious together until she can be taught the "6th sense" which I think will come with time. As for your fiance(congrats) I recommend the Buells because of the light weight, short wheelbase, and the weight being distributed lower. Make sure she can stand flat footed on both sides. My wife's xb9r shock is being replaced with one off a smaller buell that will bring it down to a better riding position for her. You can also take the adjustment piece of the shock to lower it more and if needed lowering the front forks is an option. Maybe these post can be moved into another part of this forum???

07xb12rblack
03-13-2007, 03:04 AM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s58/07xb12rblack/Tank032.jpg

07xb12r
03-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Looking good! Did you take a rider course, or just the expert training from hubby? Wish my first bike was as nice. Sweet ride[up]

buellxb
03-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Nice setup! The black wheels on that red Buell Firebolt looks killer.

07xb12rblack
03-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Hubby training, freebie!!!

mrdozer2you
03-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Thats awesome!!! I want my wife to ride as well, but she says she's content as a passenger. I think I would really enjoy riding with her but dont want to push her into anything shes not comfortable with. She says she loves riding with me and is confident in my riding, and never nervous or scared. So as it stands I guess she'll stay a passenger, but hey what can you do.

lucas70374
03-18-2007, 12:58 AM
[up]

07xb12rblack
03-19-2007, 02:52 AM
[up] well thats best becouse its very nerveracking watching her more than the road most of the time

07xb12rblack
03-21-2007, 02:45 AM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s58/07xb12rblack/Stoppiepic.jpg
1st stoppie

07xb12r
05-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey where you been black, haven't heard from you lately, any new mods?