PDA

View Full Version : Passenger ride

chadcielencki
04-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok,

How bad is the available space for a passenger on the XB???

Is it possible to carry someone else on the XB9 ???

Should I just go with the XB12Ss just for the added length...

I don't plan on toting a 2nd body all the time, but for those few times someone does want to jump on...

Any thoughts/ takes/ opinions/ pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Chad

mrdozer2you
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I went with the XB12Ss. Its ok for short rides, no more than an hour. My wife is 5'4" and 120. We tried both and the Ss was slightly better...but none are really great. The Uly she liked because she could sit farther back...and liked the option of a backrest. I vetoed the Uly purchase.....

scobbie001
04-30-2008, 03:51 AM
I ride an XB9R...my girlfriend is not exactly relaxed on the back, but she's comfortable enough to keep riding with me. I don't see how someone would carry a passenger on a regular S or Scg, but the 'Bolt does the job just fine.

markwoodlief
04-30-2008, 03:54 AM
i know not sport like the s, but ever think about a uly.. my girl rides on the back and loves it.. she says something about the vibes below 2k.. :)

mccluresm
04-30-2008, 05:25 AM
I ride scobbie's firebolt regularly and the only problem i seem to have is that sometimes a bump in the rode will slide me forward so that I am too close or practically underneath him. I've never really ridden on the back of anything else so I dont have any comparisons but from what I've seen on other bikes I actually like the smaller seat, its more interactive, you cant just lean back and chill. When I ride I put my arms around his sides and my hands on the airbox and brace myself so I dont have my full weight leaning on him. The position is much more like driving yourself than having your arms all wrapped around someone or just letting them hang. You can really connect with and feel the motion of the bike better that way and the driver has a little more freedom of movement. Its also good if you hit some windy patches, you can scoot back and bit and put some space between your bodies which will let air pass through and make the gusts feel a little less strong.
Thats my take anyway

LeFox
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
When I ride I put my arms around his sides and my hands on the airbox and brace myself so I dont have my full weight leaning on him
and that's the way you should ride...otherwise he would have to carry your full weight when braking hard. ;)

Phrogg
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I have the touring pillion seat, which my girl loves. She didn't mind the stock, but after about 20-30 min, she was ready for a break. Plus, the seat angles up a little bit. Making it a little more flat and so you don't put all your weight on the driver.