PDA

View Full Version : Will a straightpipe on a blast run good with the right rejet I like the sound

PharoPlays
02-06-2011, 06:03 PM
If I can straightpipe it I will . Is it safe how bad will it run ? Can a straightpipe be run without much loss in power with the right rejet ? How about a small baffle do I need it ?

anrkizm95
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
why do you want to straight pipe it.for the sound,low cost?youll lose torque/low end power

PharoPlays
02-06-2011, 06:15 PM
thats why I asked . I did not know . I like the loudness. Can I use a flowmaster single chamber for a car ? Its about the same size as a vance and hines . Can I get a deeper sound from a after market muffler . Will a baffle give me back my power?

anrkizm95
02-06-2011, 06:22 PM
yes you can use the flowmaster or a small glass pack style muffler.back pressure helps build torque.a wide open exhaust on an engine not desighned/built for it will lose low end power.

d_adams
02-06-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659727

Backpressure... nope, not the answer.

Here's another one.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/exhausttech.htm

We are going to state this very clearly...Backpressure does not increase horsepower. Period.

An often heard statement from the well-informed is "You need a bit of backpressure for an exhaust to work". Usually this comes from someone who is not a tuner or someone who is faced with a situation where he does not have the tools or means to adjust things. Anything you do in the exhaust will change the flows, the pressures, or velocities somewhat. The correct scenario is that the exhaust has to be properly designed and then you optimize the jetting, ecu data inputs, camshafts, port dimensions, valve sizes and the like. The exhaust has to be designed for the intended use.

Please keep in mind, I'm NOT trying to be antagonistic or anything. I build pipes for 1125's and have had some degree of success at it. I'm branching out to xb's now and if I'm asked nicely, I might even do a Blast or 2. Just depends on my workload really.

forerunner
02-06-2011, 06:33 PM
+1 on the backpressure article d_adams.

Will be linking to that in the future.

Thanks,
Nels

PharoPlays
02-06-2011, 06:39 PM
D adams I like your style ? So in other words pipe length width rejet and air to fuel ratio will run a fine straightpipe exhaust if it is done right .

anrkizm95
02-06-2011, 06:44 PM
i dont think he is ready for that.:)basicly if you go with a straight pipe you will lose low end torque/power

PharoPlays
02-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Honestly I want to run a turbo with a xb9 head on this thing and make it as loud and deep sounding as possible .