PDA

View Full Version : Question about homemade exhaust and ECU Map

Pharmer
02-09-2011, 06:47 AM
I found this exhaust for sale: http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/Buell-aftermarket-parts/Make-me-an-offer-on-my-pipe

It sounds and looks cool, but is there anyway to know what map I will need to use for my 06 Xb12ss? I'm hesitant to buy anything for which there is not already a map prebuilt, as I know nothing about tuning.

freak2180
02-09-2011, 07:07 AM
That pipe is basiclly a home built version of a D&D. It has a few diffrences but over all the same design. I would say that a Tune for the D&D may get you in the ball park but as with any custom built muffler the only way to go is with a custom tune and dyno time. <---------Unless it was designed to run off of a pre existing, readly avalible tune.

dallasb
02-09-2011, 07:11 AM
I would be concerned about what he did as far as internals. If its a straight through design you will lose torque on the bottom end. Either way there are a few threads on how to push a race map onto your ecm. It only take a few minutes. Go to www.americansportbike.com and check out their exhaust test. They did one for the D&D with the stock, race, and custom tuned maps.