PDA

View Full Version : losing power in high gear

VeesBlast
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I have a 2002 Buell Blast that is losing power in high gear. I was riding it Thursday am when the throttle all of a sudden I had no power doing 65 down the highway. NOT a good feeling! Does anyone have any ideas ?

ezblast
05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Das boot, or it could be the kickstand switch on a windy day - lol - happened to me, or loose plug wire as well. One more thing is the vent line/valve could be sticking or kinked - if its not those - let us know - but it probably is.
EZ

VeesBlast
05-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the info EZ :) I will give the info to my boyfriend and let him go from there. He had just replaced the spark plug and a coupler to keep it from stalling out in first and that was fixed when this happened. I got that info from another post. This website has been so helpful. This is my first bike and I have been riding for about a month now and just love it. I

deadpool
09-28-2008, 12:08 AM
does it have the stock air cleaner?
the vent line is most likly the cause
does it have ne aftermarket parts ?

ezblast
09-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Kick stand switch - cut and twist wires together and tape to disable, the clutch safety switch - flip/turn around center diode in fuse box to disable. Bet one of those works.
EZ

deadpool
09-30-2008, 02:12 AM
kick stand switch is possibility
never had a problem with mine though

ezblast
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
My black bike never had a problem, but the red bike drove me nuts till I finally disabled the kickstand switch on it.
EZ