PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust?

architech
05-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Hey guys. Just bought my first Buell (xb12s). Actually, I don't even have it yet - it should be delivered in a week, but I am trying to make a decision on an exhaust so i can have it ready to be installed when the bike gets here. Any thoughts on Jardine vs. D&D vs. Drummer. etc? Looking for a deeper sound and its hard to tell from YouTube videos, etc.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LeFox
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
look at my reply with the links:
here *click* (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/exhaust)

sinpieces
05-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Tiforce, sounds more deep and low than the noisy Micron.
It sounds lower than the Buell race kit also, but more heavy and low in tone. It looks great if you have the gold/amber rims. It is very light weight also!

geemstr
05-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I've got a Drummer no complaints here,Just compliments! I did alot of research and found that it really depends on what your going for proformance wise racing/cruising ect. I have an 07' xb12r and It made a world of difference the sound is like a deep thump at idle but has a nice crack sound when you get on it I heard different reviews and Utube clips and know what you mean its a tough decision Personally I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the Drummer But eveyrone has an opinion.

xbhooligan434
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
just bought a drummer from one of BPG's friends and i couldnt be any happier
low grunt to it makes the buell sound mean but when you get down on it it sounds like thunder comin down the road but its all in the riding style of what u want more low end,top end or sound
there is no Best exhaust but they are all great minus the jardine GP 1 [down] but to each his own

BuellPartsGuy
05-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Micron.... Hands down

architech
05-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys! I am going to check them out.
I noticed everyone talks about the 'race kit'. Pardon my Buell ignorance, but is that a Buell product? What does it contain?

BuellPartsGuy
05-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Race Kits were Buell factory accessories. They are no longer made. If you can find them on the net, thats the only place to get them now.

sinpieces
05-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Micron is very loud compaired to Tiforce. When the bike goes through, what we call registry (every other year), Micron will not go through due to being loud. This means you need to change exhaust system for this occasion. That is not the case with the Tiforce. Tiforce is higher quality, sound is darker, lower and powerful. Micron is thinner and shout out loud. Well worth to consider!!
Also, Micron is louder than typical Buell race kit pipe, Tiforce (again) is lower and darker, roars more brute.
The only downside with Tiforce is the price compaired to the Micron, otherwise it's a great choice.

bitter rod
05-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I have the race kit...love it. They all go for a heafty price tag on ebay as well.

Deon B
12-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Sinpieces, What db limit as well as rev limits are we talking about???, we fortunately do not have such a problems in South Africa

ghost96b69
12-24-2008, 02:45 AM
I have the race kit as well and I haven't found any exhaust that sounds better.. but I'm still looking, I'd bet straight pipes would make the best sound.. That's what I'm going for next.. There are some cool Jardine exhausts on e-bay that have pipes that extend out and around the tire on either side.. Looks like they'd have a good sound, but depends on the muffler as well.[up]

Deon B
12-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Guys, see our South Afriac developed box, will also have the headers available next yearhttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1451_20081208133258_L.jpghttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1451_20081208132851_L.jpg