PDA

View Full Version : BPG--- ICON helmet

bitter rod
05-16-2008, 03:47 PM
BPG- I read an earlier post where you were swearing by ICON helmets. I am looking into the Airframe. I heard a guy "running his mouth" in the Cycle Gear shop the other day. He was saying that ICON has had problems in the past standing behind their products. Wondering if you have experienced any problems with ICON at all.

Thanks
B.R.

jsg
05-16-2008, 03:50 PM
As far as I'm concern ICON is mostly a fashion brand the way I look at it, if it's good enough for a pro superbike racer it's good enough for me and I haven't seen a pro wearing ICON yet

bitter rod
05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Good point...however, don't most pros get paid/free stuff for wearing particular gear. From what I have seen, ICON is geared more towards stunt than race. Your statement proves why they do this... "if it's good enough for a pro...it's good enough for me."

Like taking a dump in a box and slapping a guarantee on the box....just a guaranteed piece of ****. LOL

I was asking BPG, because he is the resident expert of this forum, and I defer to his vast all-knowing power!

bitter rod
05-16-2008, 03:57 PM
That last post was in no way meant to undermine LeFox's knowledge and abilities. Just having a little fun.

jsg
05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I understand what you mean it's just me I'm kind of picky on the brabds I will use to protect my nuggen. I was alway stuck on aray and shoei but recently ad shark to my list with my new rsr2

BuellPartsGuy
05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
I have never had any problems at all with Icon standing behind their stuff, whether it be mine or the customers that I sell the stuff to. Great products, IMO

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/24_20070725200258_L.jpg

Fashion brand my ass.... Just because pros don't wear the brand, doesn't mean it's not a good product. You ride a Buell and there aren't any in motoGP.

They couldn't have a CE approved rating if it didn't pass the same standards as the $1000 race jackets that are uncomfortable as hell to wear on the streets.

Blue70
05-16-2008, 05:28 PM
I had an Icon Mainframe helmet, and was VERY impressed by the quality and comfort..
By far my favorite helmet to date.
I will buy another one when I can

bitter rod
05-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Thank you BPG...

BuellPartsGuy
05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
No prob

jsg
05-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Fashion brand my ass.... Just because pros don't wear the brand, doesn't mean it's not a good product. You ride a Buell and there aren't any in motoGP.

Don't take it that bad!! I'm not attacking anyone here I just stated my opinion and for your info I do where a Icon jacket and I got it because it was cheap and I liked the look of it, would I buy another one? not sure but myy point was for helmets and I know I might miss some good brands but when it come to my head I don't take any chance and if that mean sticking with more expensive/proven brand I will. I only gave my opinion here but I guess it was a bad idea.

jsg
05-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh and I forgot it doesn't matter if it's a Buell or a moto GP when it comes to helmet because the force of the impact is coming from the fall and25mph or 200mph the fall will have the same force unless your head is stopped by a tree or something standing on you way, if you only hit the ground the speed as nothing to do.

LeFox
05-16-2008, 10:22 PM
That last post was in no way meant to undermine LeFox's knowledge and abilities. Just having a little fun.
lmfao http://www.buellforum.nl/images/smilies/handdown.gif

just to give my 2 cents, i have no probs with icon, but it's bloody expensive down here :D

BuellPartsGuy
05-17-2008, 12:50 AM
I wasn't using the Buell reference for the speed factor. I was saying that you think "its good enough for the pros, its good enough for me" mentality doesn't follow though. You ride Buell, and no "pro" rides a Buell in MotoGP, like you were referencing to as far as how you pick your gear. So how does that work.

Pick what you like, not what others get handed to them and then tell you to buy.

All, I did was give my opinion and you took it all personal.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one

jsg
05-17-2008, 01:37 AM
I guess there was a misunderstanding in your answer that I quote to me you sounded upset with what I said. My reflection was more like obviously if it's good enough for a pro it will more then enough for me on the street. I never wanted to say ICON is not good, I was just trying to say that they are so popular because they are more into fashion then the other brand which to me is a big thing with stunt creed but not me thats it and like you I just voiced my opinion.

bitter rod
05-17-2008, 02:43 AM
Wow! I was just asking a question and got a lot of heated responses...that's what I like to see. You guys are all passionate about riding.

Keep up the good posts! As soon as I can scratch the cash together, I will be the owner of an ICON Airframe Claymore.

xbhooligan434
05-17-2008, 04:41 PM
have the airframe seventh seal and i have never been happier great products

BuellPartsGuy
05-17-2008, 05:45 PM
I wasn't getting heated, I was just having a discussion.

bitter rod
05-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I wasn't getting heated, I was just having a discussion.

Easy killer...don't take it out on me. I will hire LeFox to take you out!:p

LeFox
05-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Easy killer...don't take it out on me. I will hire LeFox to take you out!
uhmpf...why me?!? :p

i'll just place a nice topless girl between to two of you and the fighting will be over!

(well atleast about the gear, the fight could be over the girl then) [smirk]

:D

bitter rod
05-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Nahhh...no fight. Actually I totally agree with BPG. He is wise beyond his years. Love ICON gear and will be buying more in the future.