PDA

View Full Version : Yazzie update...

Yazzie
05-21-2008, 04:52 AM
As I was getting onto the freeway today i switched to 3rd and my bike started to Bog, sputter, felt something on my leg. Looked down, no oil nothing noticible. tried to give it some throttle, and no go, it just kept bogging. clicked back into second, and it started going just like normal. back to 3rd and it didn't give me any problems. it happened twice today on the way home. to be honest I coasted most of the way and now the bike is sitting in the garage of my local shop and i'm sure i'll get the news tomorrow.....today was not a good day...
Yazzie

buellxb
05-21-2008, 05:01 AM
How fast were you going? What RPM range were you in? Hopefully it's nothing major. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yazzie
05-21-2008, 05:17 AM
I was going 70 or so, i'm going to guess 4,000 rpm. somewhere near there, i was hitting the throttle pretty hard when it happened.

Yazzie
05-21-2008, 05:19 AM
mechanic said it sounds like the clutch. I said that sounds like I will be prostituting myself out for a while. guess we will find out tomorrow if he has time to look at it.
also, one thing I have decided about the bike. I love it for what it is, a cruiser, but I am more of a speed demon. For a first bike it still seems like its not enough. Never ridden anything else so I can't compare. I'll ask a few friends to see how I like their bikes. how are the newer Buells?

LeFox
05-21-2008, 08:34 AM
the buell is a bike for corners, not for speed...a maneuverable streetbike.

if you want highspeed straights, then indeed, you should have bought a racer

His_and_Her_Buells
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I love it for what it is, a cruiser

No cruiser is considered on of the best handling bikes ever.

Do you like the top end speed or acceleration?
I've had metric sportbikes that do 160+mph and I've decided that I'm an acceleration junkie 0-100 type guy. Acceleration is something I can do almost anywhere, anytime. Top speed is only safe occasionally.

lcolon
07-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Question: I was trying to powerbrake my 2000 X1 and ended up burning out the clutch (I believe???). I can switch gears without the clutch and the clutch is waaayyy harder than previous. When in any gear the bike does not move forward. Please help!!!!

LeFox
07-05-2008, 05:43 AM
powerbrake [confused]

Yazzie
11-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok, here is my update.

New fuel pump. Last one was beyond shot, and the shop was asking way too much for it. So I took it to a fellow bueller who still wasn't cheap. problem solved for a month. then same problem, ordered a new fuel filter, put that in myself, and the bike is running amazing. new tires on it and I got them for a great price

now I just have to figure out why my front right turn signal isn't working, when the other three are just fine. Already swapped the bulb and nothing happened.