PDA

View Full Version : New rider

mx381
02-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Like all of you I have the same reasons for wanting a Buell. The looks,sound,you rarely see them on the road,and many other reasons. However this would be my first street bike (XB9R). Is this a bike that is suitable for a beginer rider? Also I have heard of reliablilty problems , is this just people blowing smoke or what? sorry one more question is there a particular year and model that I should stay away from? Thanks guys thought nobody better to ask the the Buell owners themselves.

07xb12rblack
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
My wife is on an 07 xb9r and its her first bike. I think its a good choice but I do recommend lowering the bike until you can touch on both sides flat footed. She has never ridden anything like it and after a cpl hrs she took a 45 min trip. My tip is to just find an empty gravel free lot to practice using the clutch out of 1st. Don't get ballzy with the trottle until your confortable and confident. As for reliability I cant say becouse ours are a week old. I know a few people with them and they have had no problems. I think if you treat it fair and get it serviced accordingly you should not have any major problems. Keep us posted on your decision in which bike you purchase!!!