PDA

View Full Version : just got xby and have a question about a body kit?

minear85
02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
ok so I just got this 03 buell my first bike and got a great deal on it.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/minear85/buell1.jpg

I'm wondering if a front fairing off a Buell firebolt can be easily mounted and a single seat rear. Kinda like this kit here.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/buell/XB9R-XB12R2002-05.htm#price

BuellPartsGuy
02-26-2007, 07:53 PM
It would require a lot of parts to get a fairing to mount up. Plus getting the wiring rerouted to fit in that fairing wouldn't be fun. As far as it being possible, yeah, but not cost effective at all.

buellxb
02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Nice Buell! I'm glad I have this forum to feed my addiction. It's just too cold and I can't ride. Where are you from?

minear85
02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
im from nebraska lol its too cold lol. I walked into the dealership wanting the used o4 firebolt xb9r but this one felt better the positioopn and such so i went with this lightning. my only fear is a big wet streak on my back so maybe if i could be directed to a fender that would not be almost useless that would be great.

my step father is a harley fanatic as he and my mother both have 06 dynas thats 2 of em lol. and he has a 99 electra glide, a 74 sportster...kinda goofy cuz the gear shift, throttle and clutch are reversed, a 62 pan and a 90 something duo glide lol. im more of a sporty kinda guy. i test rode a honda cbr 600 and liked this much much more.

azsnow
02-28-2007, 05:17 PM
It would not be that hard at all to mount the front fairing. As long as you get the brackets, it should be a direct bolt on. The headlights are another story. I am not familiar with the configuration, but I imagine since Buell and Harley don't like to venture to far out of the parts bin, there should not be a problem there. The turn signal wiring is the same, but I am not sure of the mounting. Also, you might want to check and see if the bars will clear the fairing, or if they will need to be replaced as well. If you are seriously considering this swap, go to (BuellPartsGuys least favorite place) Ebay and you can get a deal on parts for this swap. This will keep the costs down! Some parts you may want to get from the dealer though. As far as the seat, I dont know if this kit will work for you or not. The frames are a little different, but who knows, with a little modification, a torch, and a hammer, anything is possible!

minear85
03-01-2007, 03:09 AM
well ive decided to just leave the bike naked, ride it for a year get the feel and trade for an 07 firebolt xb12r. After a year on this puppy ill feel more comfortable on it.

chrispudd
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Maybe it's the pic, but that rear tire looks way small..what size is it?

BeDaring08
06-06-2010, 12:56 AM
if u want a firebolt tail, i want your lighting tail. Mine is black. If you want to do a trade let me know.

coreyvwc
06-06-2010, 02:12 AM
you're right about the fender being useless, but if you hang around this forum long enough your gonna take it off anyway. hahaha. big wet streak, but looks much better.[up]

samiam901
06-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Hey guys check the date of the OP. Its over 3 years old.