PDA

View Full Version : Eastern VA/NC buellers

nilla
03-23-2011, 08:40 AM
anybody else out there?

i just met up with a local guy on here who has been in my area for the last 6 years.
it was great to meet up and ride with another bueller.

trolling for more. i know they're out there. ...
i see firebolts and lightings in parking lots, ulys and blasts too/from work.
1125's at the dealership for warranty work and the occasional tuber, either broken down/for sale on craigslist -just kidding-

it'd be great to actually meet everyone and ride.

-matt

Sirius815
03-23-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm down in Fayetteville, NC.

ArmyMP09
03-23-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm up in arlington/fairfax area. But I'd ride for down to meet up and go for a ride whenever I get the hell out of afghanistan and get home. Should be soon though.

AV8guy
03-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Im stationed at MCAS Cherry Point NC but family is in Newport News so I stay up and down the Eastern VA/NC coast. There is at least one more Marine on my base that is a part of this forum, havent heard from him in a while but Im pretty sure I have been seeing his bike around

USn2Boyz
03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Im in Shenandoah Valley, Va. Harrisonburg to be exact. I alwaYS WANT TO RIDE

Riderdie
03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Bump

Had a Buell for four years before I joined a forum.
Then another year and a half before I got in touch with you guys.

May have to run em down and pull em over.

BuellSki
03-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm in Newport news! But I'm currently down and out. Wrecked my bike and fixing it and painting while my dislocated wrist is healing.

nilla
03-25-2011, 10:04 PM
are you on a hero blue city-X !?!?!?
it feel like i've been seing that bike everywhere, going the opposite direction i am, or when i have to be wherever i am going ...

sorry to hear your injured, and your bike is too boot.
lemme know if you need any help or borrow tools/parts

BuellerPilot
03-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm in South Eastern VA!! I live in/own a house in Newport News, grew up in York town, work in Hampton (NASA Langley), and just bought 17 acres in Gloucester to build a house.

I always see a Black and Blue XB12Scg at Eagle Aviation just down the street from my office, anyone on here?

~Mike....

Riderdie
03-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Not mine but I see a black and hero blue lightning at ODU on occasion.

Buellerpilot you should try and meet up with myself, nilla and a few other guys from badweb before you move to Gloucester.

Buellski same with you when your ready. Same as nilla said you need any parts let me know may have some spares laying around.

nilla
03-26-2011, 06:18 PM
BuellSki,
not thst you asked; but i've found that neosporin, the plastic-lined gause pads and the 'paper'-type medical tape are a winning combonation for road rash.

BuellerPilot,
awesome mini bike you've got there! i got me a little 124cc beater with a blown tranny. SSR doesn't stock parts for their engines, so i am looking at repalcing it. d'ya know where i can get another powerplant for a deal? maybe one of those lifan 150's? do they make bigger ones?

and i'm not trying to 'recruit' or sway any one to the BAD ... web side. obviously i'm on both.
it's just that badweb has a different set-up to enable a locals sub-section.
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/37/266401.html?1293405818

i e-mailed buellXB, xtreme and daveXB12R about a locals sub-section and this thread was the suggestion.

BuellerPilot
03-27-2011, 10:26 AM
nilla,

You can get pit bike engines from a number of sources. I haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest for over a year now and those pit bike engines progress pretty dam fast so I don't know what is out currently.

I'll tell you what I do know though.

For best bang for the buck, the Lifan 150 is the winner. It already has most of the go fast bits like big valves, decent ports, high but pump gas friendly compression ratios, solid clutches, solid internal bits and transmissions, and all the latest stuff like changeable filters, real oil pumps, and external bungs for oil coolers. Does it make the most power? No, but it has stump ripping torque and is reliable. The YX engines tend to make more power but from what I've read have been plagued with design flaws with failing engine cases, tranny probs and stuff like that. They tend to be a better top end race engine. For bullet proof race engines it would be the Daytona's. They make the most power and are tough as nails but expect to pay literally 4 times the price of a Lifan. The Daytona 4 valve heads are the racers Cat's Meow. The heads alone go for over $1k used sometimes (maybe the prices have come down since I've been researching, dunno but NEW over $2k!). YX makes a 4 valve but they aren't getting the power out of those like the 2 big valved super heads.

If it's just a kick around toy, get the Lifan 150 and a 26mm carb.

If you have to have all the latest and best ****, get a Daytona.

If your a racer on a budget and don't mind tinkering get a YX.

There's several big bore kits and complete engines out now. Last I seen was a 187cc, I'm sure theres bigger now lol.

I prefer Terry at Fire Power minis
http://www.firepowerminis.com/index.html

But there's also Piranha Pit Bikes (whole sale cycle)
http://stores.wholesale-cycle.com/StoreFront.bok

TBolt USA
http://www.tboltusa.com/

and of corse good deals to be found on eBay.

I'm looking foreword to good weather and riding with some fello Buellers!

As for Bad Web. I don't like the layout or the vibe I get there (quite a few assholes and to much politics). I'll try and pop in from time to time. The only thing I like about that place is there tends to be more technical minded peeps which I like. I love this forum, but there are too many Mickey Mouse modifications and a lot of Parrot's spreading myths and misinformation. Still love this place though, and most of the people here.

Ohh, and Gloucester isn't far from any of the cities I mentioned (York Town, Newport News, Hampton, etc.)

~Mike....

AV8guy
03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
this is awesome!!! I was born in newport news, raised in gloucester, then moved back to nn before joining the Marine Corps. I'll be home this weekend! Hit me up, if the weather isnt too bad, i might ride the bike:D

AV8guy
03-28-2011, 06:55 PM
@buellerpilot my dad has a house in poquoson so that is right down the street

BuellerPilot
03-28-2011, 07:14 PM
AV8guy,

Ya, Poquoson right down the road from my office (NASA Langley), and borders from where I grew up (York Town). Can't wait to move to Gloucester and get the hell out of Newport News, though it's just a few miles away, it is soooooo different!

My bikes not together yet, so no riding this weekend :(

~Mike....

BuellSki
03-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I've got a black 03 black xb9s. I work at Newport news shipyard. I see a translucent Blue xb at the shipyard quite often. And thanks for the offer nilla. I'll pm you if anything.

BuellSki
03-28-2011, 07:30 PM
@nilla

I was only goin maybe 10mph on jefferson. A car slammed on it brakes. Literally stopped. So I laid it down. The only road rash I got was a spot on my foot about the size of a dime. I'm alright. The bike is alright. So. The only thing that's hurting right now is my finances. But I'll be back on it in a few weeks!! It sucks cause I've only had the bike probably 3 months. But **** like this happens. The only thing that got me was no body stopped to help me. Those ****ers!!!!

BuellerPilot
03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
BuellSki,

My Brother-in-Law works at Newport News Shipyard. He is a rider, has a fz6 now, used to ride a yellow DRZ400, before that a YAMAHA R6, and a few bikes before that. Kimbo Deistal is his name, know him?

~Mike....

nilla
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
looks like i'm in the market for a lifan ... thanks for the detailed explanation. i'm no racer. lolz
but i will be going to VIR this sunday for my first track day with my buddy dwight-09XB12R.
i know of a guy coming from joisee with his CR ... dunno nebody else locally or on buells. you can get on the track for free for a few laps with your bike and some gear duurng the lunck hour. they are paced, but you can surf the gap ...

it should be awesome! i hope i don't wipe-out
i really don't wanna go out saturday and get taken out by a soccer mom texting while eating a ciabatta sandwich and drinking starbucks. or by my own dumbasss fault.

BuellSki
03-28-2011, 09:14 PM
@buellerpilot

No. I'm teaching at the welding school on first shift. But there is a ton of people that work in the yard. But I'm a pipe welder there.

BuellerPilot
03-28-2011, 09:21 PM
He's a welder too, but ya, there's a LOT of people there.

~Mike....

AV8guy
03-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Yeah, my dad has worked at the yard for over 30 years. He's over in weld-metal reciept/inspection. I havent noticed any buells really any time that I am back home though. @ Buellerpilot- too bad about the bike. the weather looks like sh*t for the weekend though. Probably gonna come up in the car. But let me know when you get it put back together. It would be good to maybe get a group ride together sometime this spring

xb12Mel
03-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Alright.... Im another one of those BadWebbers Nilla was talking bout...

On the Pen.
Translucent Red XB12Scg with a Mammoth Skull on the bikini screen. 2 extra points if you can tell me the significance of it. (Nilla, you're excluded!)

I travel allot for my job, so If you don't hear from me, i'm on the road.

But heck yeah, lets hook up and ride!!!

nilla
04-04-2011, 09:15 AM
teh weather is awesome!!! lets mount up and go for a ride
i'm off today, tomorrow, and wed

nilla
04-04-2011, 06:51 PM
that was a fun little ride toady! thank you Jon, for leading. i actually forgot all about that road down to Knotts Island Ferry. ... what was the name of it ?

i think me and dwight both managed to piss off our wives. but making up is the best part of it

as far as the ECMspy thing we spoke of, i dunno when would be good for both of us;
i gots a good-bye party tomorrow night, and stuff to do wed night.
i really like picking up my daughter from school (3 pm)on the bike, and she does too.

nilla
04-08-2011, 12:01 AM
any body wanna go for a ride and then have a BBQ with the Kin-folk? cuz i could really go for some ka-bobs right about now. ...

afternoon ride and shin-dig into the evening
ride all thru pungo to the knotts island ferry, then up ballahack/benifit and to ... my place?
i don't have the best yard/place for hosting, but it'll do

i'm thinking sunday 4-17? it'd be right before all my overtime starts up and runs clear thru to the end of may

BuellerPilot
04-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Damn, sounds like a good plan and good time but I have plans [mad]

~Mike....

AV8guy
04-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a good day. Let me know later in the week if the offer still stands.

nilla
04-16-2011, 03:23 AM
sorry to diassapoint, but i'm not gonna throw a party at my place this sunday. it'd bee too much for me to stay awake after night shift and host.

it'll be after all the outage-overtime. maybe the first week of june ...

nilla
04-25-2011, 06:27 AM
well, i've been riding to and from work unless i car-pool. it ain't no res-ride, or pungo-loop, but it's better than leaving it hooked up to the battery tender.
the windnoise completely drowns-out all the vioces i hear in my head ....

BuellerPilot
04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
windnoise completely drowns-out all the vioces i hear in my head ....

lol!

nilla
05-01-2011, 03:52 AM
bump for good weather

nilla
05-01-2011, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xduhcAzzU

TBlueScg
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Bump for HRH!

cheezits
05-13-2011, 12:45 PM
:D Jacksonville NC found 5 other buell riders at Bike Night. last wednesday. !!! i know i cant be the only one here.

nilla
05-13-2011, 08:00 PM
NC, aye?
Check out these guys
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/37/97725.html

cheezits
05-14-2011, 05:25 AM
there is nothing resent for the jacksonville section in there. last post is from 2008. never been a fan of that site anyway... to many turds claiming things that are not true.

nilla
05-14-2011, 08:07 AM
sorry that there's not a current jacksonville section, but that doesn't mean that you can't start one. here and even ... 'there' if you fancy

i hope i wasn't one of those 'turds' you mention

cheezits
05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
lol no. the turds i spoke of were from a wile ago. i did post a new comment on the thread to see if there are any takers. its been some times since i have really looked at that site so it may have changed. thank you for the link.

Sirius815
05-15-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm back baby! :D

nilla
05-18-2011, 11:20 AM
anybody want a D&D?
http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sale/Buell-Parts-for-Sale/used-DD-375-shipped

Palo
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
One more for JVille NC.

cheezits
05-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey Polo what do you ride? are you the 1125 at bike night? i could not go... got off work around 10pm. lol

nilla
05-24-2011, 07:29 AM
any body got a 1125 muffler for sale? mine is busted.
curb +1, muffler ZERO.

cheezits
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
i have the original stock version..... never thought about selling it but i may be willing to sell it.

hollywood12r
05-25-2011, 06:17 PM
He really does need the exhaust we have a track day coming up and he could really use it.

nilla
05-25-2011, 10:39 PM
im picking ne up in the AM ... okay, i mean in a few hours
but if my curb-surfing and pot-holing encounters don't cease, i'll be hitting you up before too long

nilla
05-26-2011, 10:43 AM
any body else wanna go to summit point june 11th?
i'll be leaving the day before and camping out.

it should be as awesome as VIR, if not more

cheezits
05-26-2011, 10:58 AM
...... I am sorry to get hopes up. I have been told by my bosses that my next duty station is San diego... Aftermarket won't be allowed. I can however do some reserch for. Ill get back to you with some findings!? Are you apposed to an aftermarket one. It may end up beinng cheeper anyway.

nilla
05-29-2011, 06:26 AM
i am gonna get this oem one hacked up and fitted and run it for the forseeable future. all the aftermarket ones are too loud with out a quiet-cone stuffed in them, and don't look that good to me. except for the QD and the HPE, but i aint gonna dump that much $ on it

nilla
07-12-2011, 09:44 PM
suches, GA trip this weekend. we will be there fri night til sun night.
got room for 2 more bikes, or meet us there

Crescent1101
03-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I just moved to Virginia Beach from the DMV area. looking for some people to ride with.

blstnawy
03-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Just getting ready to get my first bike Buell Blast :) Taking the riders program at TCC next month! Wish me luck!!!

- Ashish

nilla
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Crescent,
welcome to the area. yes, the traffic is just about always terrible

blstn,
the MSF courses are great! i'm looking at re-taking one with my wife. she's just getting her liscense, and it's been almost 10 years sisnce i took it.

Crescent1101
03-27-2012, 05:29 AM
I just moved from DC so the traffic isn't as bad. I am looking to teach the MSF courses. I got accepted and got half of my shadowing hours. I just need to go to Richmond to take the class.

nilla
03-27-2012, 02:45 PM
$10 dyno runs at bayside HD april 7th. 10AM-3PM
http://www.harleybay.com/event_list_detail.asp?eco de=553913&month=4&year=2012&location=0&Submit=Sear ch

Sirius815
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Just a heads up - Moto-Tech in Fayetteville did my fork rebuilt for $100+tax (so 108). I did supply the fork oil, o-rings, seals and dust covers and had the forks off the bike for them.

~24hr turn around too, which is pretty good.

nilla
03-29-2012, 07:55 PM

nilla
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM
you can buy the tools for $108 ... buy i'm a DIY type of guy

Crescent1101
04-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Nilla want to help me do my forks? I want to dissemble them so i can get them powder coated. Also when are we going to get a group ride together? I got the Buell back in Virginia Beach. Needs a little work but it is ride able. I need a new seat, install belt, and new brake line.

Joe Hamm
04-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Hey stationed in Havelock myself. See ton of buellers on base here and off base. Even met with a guy and rode with a guy from Havelock, but is in school in Greenville.

Blstn - Like Nilla said MSF course are awesome did the BRC, ERC, and a military sportbike rider course myself and going to redo the BRC with my wife coming up end of April just like Nilla. However, if you didn't know, if you want to use you're blast for the BRC and you dont have an endorsement don't do it. I know its common sense not to ride without an endorsement, but when signing up for the BRC with my wife. The lady told us a story about a guy showing up without one with his bike. He was fined 250$, couldnt do the course, and had to tow the bike out (instructors happened to be cops too).

Aside from that I am not deploying anymore so hit me up for a ride if you're close or if you're far maybe plan something for the future!

Sirius815
04-04-2012, 08:01 PM
@Nilla - I'm usually all DIY as well, but didn't want to wait on getting the tools in - it'd been a few months since I last rode. Next time I'll likely do 'em myself - just need to prep for it first.

nilla
04-04-2012, 11:19 PM
i'd be more than happy to lend you my tools. but i've only got the seal drivers for 41 mm. and i used a straw to establish fluid level.
nothing fancy.

Sirius815
04-05-2012, 05:42 AM
I doubt I'll need another fork rebuild for a long time, but thanks for putting that out there. [up] Much appreciated.

Crescent1101
04-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Never heard of Havelock. I have seen a couple of Buells near me. I saw one on Dam Neck the other day.

Joe Hamm
04-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Its down in NC, between New Bern and Morehead City.

flaya564
04-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I was coming back from the outer banks, I think it's 168. I saw a black xb lightning heading south, about 10 minutes into carolina. Anyone?

Crescent1101
04-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Anybody have a Firebolt in Virginia Beach? I want to see what they feel like in person. I want to switch from the lightning.

nilla
04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
... dya wanna ride one or just sit?

firebolt ergos are just like an 1125. dwight has an 09 12 R for sale. clean and well maintained

Crescent1101
04-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I already have a Ss I just want to sit. I want to change out to the Firebolt set up so I can use a GPR. I can't really use on on the Renthal Ultra lows.

nilla
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
GPR makes a stabalizer for the XB_S
http://www.gprstabilizer.com/shopping_sportbikes_buell_lightning_All
ASB shows a pic of it installed on a lightning
http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/9249.html
and ASB has a bunch of linear steering dampers listed too.
(NOTE it is spelled d a m p e r. it's not a DAMPNER, as it doesn't make the steering damp or wet)

so you don't have to swap to the XB_R front end to get a GPR stabalizer or a damper.
but if you still wanna swap, you can come sit on my 1125 if you wanna feel the ergos.
the R tail section has a higher, less comfy seat than the S, but you can try it with out the seat or i have a junk seat pan (no foam)

nilla
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
i'm all the way over in portsmouth, BTW

skidude
04-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Im in Va Beach, Hero blue City Cross I have seen alot of Buells but havnt got a chance to talk to any of them. it would be nice to ride with a fellow Jarhead.

Crescent1101
04-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Im in the Navy. I ride a bright orange Buell Ss. Some have told me its red but either I'm color blind or I am.

Crescent1101
04-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Ok, I have an ECMSpy cable and software. I think I am in over my head. If anybody has any knowledge of ECM spy in my area and can show me in person I will supply a couple of beers and possibly lunch if you impress me, which won't be hard.

Sirius815
04-24-2012, 07:13 PM
I'd be more than happy to show you, but I think my schedule is a little tight at the moment. You're up in VA beach right? I'm down a ways past Raleigh.

Crescent1101
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Not in to much of a hurry. I think I flashed a race map on. I am not sure. About how far are you from me?

Sirius815
04-25-2012, 05:36 AM
240 miles, ~4-4:30 hours.

Sirius815
04-25-2012, 05:39 AM
I saw you did the cut and paste method. To see if you loaded up the right maps, connect EMCSpy to the bike and fetch the eeprom from the bike, then go to the maps screens.

Open up ecmspy a second time (should have two copies running now) and open your stock eeprom or maps (that you should have made a backup of). And then just compare the numbers. You can also set the maps to 3D and compare the waveform.

Hope that helps.

06xb12ss
05-01-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm new here. From emerald isle NC and picked up an 06 XB12Ss. I'm always looking to ride with new people and haven't seen any other buells around.

Crescent1101
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM
If I did the copy and paste method. Do I have to do it to both cylinders? My Jardine pipe fell apart on the dragon so my bike isn't running right.

Sirius815
05-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Yes, both cylinders. You might need to pick up a new exhaust or get the jardine fixed.

06xb12ss
05-03-2012, 06:41 AM
If anyone wants to meet up and ride the weather is getting perfect for it. I'm home on leave for a month so let me know.

Crescent1101
05-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Trying toget a new exhaust and tune worked out.

Crescent1101
05-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Other than that I am always up for a ride. I just got back from the snake in laurel springs, NC.

06xb12ss
05-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Where are you at crescent?

Crescent1101
05-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Virginia Beach

06xb12ss
05-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Hevelock, Jacksonville, Ellington, fayetteville etc we need to set up a meet and ride here in eastern nc. I went out for a bit today the weather is awesome but I still haven't seen a single other buell around.

06xb12ss
05-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I ama also in need of passenger foot pegs and mounts if anyone has a set laying around.

Crescent1101
05-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Does anyone have an exhaust laying around that I can buy? I need one ASAP.

06xb12ss
05-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Had a good ride today. We need to do it again soon.

Sirius815
05-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Who went on a ride?

06xb12ss
05-13-2012, 03:43 PM
A few of us here in Jacksonville NC went out for a couple hours.

Crescent1101
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Anybody got a 1125? I was seeing if anyone has the crank locking tool?

Crescent1101
05-16-2012, 08:09 PM
I got the XB running so I am ready to ride anytime. PM and I will give you my cell number.

msgvb
02-10-2013, 04:23 PM
this thread still alive? still got active riders in Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads?

boost67
09-28-2013, 05:23 PM
anyone in the hampton roads area with a tuning cable and ecmspy willing to help a fellow bueller with a tps reset?

nilla
09-29-2013, 04:22 AM
Check on the badweb for Hampton roads hooligans if you don't get any response thru here

epion420
09-29-2013, 02:00 PM
I live in Manassas Va and ride my 12 year around

shiby3041
10-08-2013, 02:52 AM
I just bought my 03 XB9S a few days ago. I am in the Hampton Roads area of VA. I am always down for a meet and greet / ride if anyone wants to.

epion420
10-08-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm always down for a ride .. just gotta get a new front exhaust mount bolt I guess I didn't tighten it and it vibrated off... I seem to always have a problem... was thinking of a skyline drive ride if we get another nice weekend if anyone is up for a long ride

shiby3041
10-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Sounds like a good time. Where are you out of and what do you ride Epion?

adjwoolley
06-28-2014, 03:12 AM
Anyone in the 757 area good with tuning? Or know of a place in the area with a Buell expert?