PDA

View Full Version : April 10th 400 - 500 mile ride, anyone?

Philly Phred
03-26-2011, 08:25 AM
First a little back ground. I used to live in Philly and our guys would meet for the "2nd Sunday Ride" each month at the American Diner in center city. Franz and his staff from the Moto Guzzi "Spare Parts" dealership were the sponsors. They would map out a course for the day.Guzzis, BMW's, Ducatis,Jap bikes. It used to be a GREAT TIME!
I've since moved to Tunkhannock Pa. 18657 (there's two in pa.) this was 16 years ago and I think it is now a whole group of new guys who carry on the tradition... http://philadelphiariders.com/
I plan on calling them to confirm a ride and then go down. Hopefully April 10. I will be going down Pa. North east extension starting at Clarks Summit or Bear Creek toll booth. For those buellers interested in going we can meet at one of those locations or for those further down, one of the two rebuilt rest stops at Allen Town or Hickory Run.
If you go to their web site and click photos At the bottom there are photos of old route maps and one picture from 93. My bike is in the center facing the camera. 1988 BMW K750 "C" low seat. That bike had been to the Grand Canyon, Key West, Nova Scotia, and Black Hills South Dakota.
It would be a great day to make new riding friends here and back down in Ol Philly. Let me know if you can make the ride.