PDA

View Full Version : Engine light comes on

akdz143
03-29-2011, 11:21 PM
I have a 2009 Uly and the check engine light has been coming on when on the hwy. at about 70 mph.Light comes on,bike dies for a split second then comes back and light goes off.Took to Harley and they replaced O2 sensor.Did the same thing on way home.Always seems to start after 10-15 miles and only at hwy. speed.Dropped it off at Harley again.Any ideas?? Besides getting rid of it.Thx.

anrkizm95
03-30-2011, 04:39 AM
check for codes how to get codes (http://www.bcrider.com/DDFI.html)

edocolon
03-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Check the servo on the top of the filter

jimijeans
04-02-2011, 12:48 AM
AS far as you know, IS the bike all stock? Does the bike when you slow down light goes off ? Were you accellerating when this happened? Is it Only when you are actually Riding? Not moving in neutral at any RPMs, No light at all? IT does sound like the Exhaust servo on the inner air box. I'm not 100% on that but if it's under Warranty I would'nt mess with it.Mine went out at only 8,400 or so miles. It was still under warranty. Hope they fix it soon.Try to be patient with them some Dealers don't work on them to much.So they are somewhat slow on these Bikes. Might want to get in touch with the Warranty dept. If the problem persists. Give the dealer a chance to fix it a couple of times. Do you still have a Warranty? IF it is the servo for the exhaust cable that goes to the muffler it's EPA related. 5yrs,OR 18,600 OR so miles on all Buells.

chuckanut
09-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Any updates on this? This started happening to me today. Cruising at 70mph 4,000rpm. Slowed down to about 60mph. Light goes off and back upto 70mph again. Then does it again.

griz0802
09-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm having the same problem. '09 Ulysses running the EBR racing ECU with the Drummer Exhaust (the exhaust servo has been disconnected). It is a very intermittent issue rode 300mi with no issue then this afternoon it returned . . . only at highway speeds and when the bike has been running for a good while (30+ minutes). would love any input . . .[confused]

strawberrys
09-10-2011, 07:59 PM
All,
09 ully, I found out my battery is the cause. I used a code reader from asb.
I'm told a lot of 09's of any bike are inc due to the need of a new battery.
Could be something to look at.
Straw

chuckanut
09-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Somewhere to start. Accept mines an 09. I had to rotate my engine to replace the fan and gaskets. That was about 2-3 month ago. Didnt have an issue until now.

jimijeans
09-17-2011, 12:53 AM
First check your Terminals and Then Check the Voltage at different RPMs, Strawberrys has a point these bikes can eat up a battery here and there. With the Regulator issues and Stator problems be sure to load check the battery if possible. Once the Charging system has been checked thats out of the way. I would think it is the fan or a loose ground.Not sure due to at this time one has never been in the shop for that problem. Might want to check on a reflash if all checks out. OR Do a Diagnostics on it. maybe a Historic Code is able to be read. *Jimi