PDA

View Full Version : Body Mount pucks for 1125R

nyttrn65
05-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Here's the deal, My daughter picked up her 1125R today and let some knucklehead ride it who proceeded to drop it on it's side. Needless to say, it scuffed and scratched up the left side air intake.

1. Any ideas on how to clean up the scratches in the plastic -- they're kinda deep. Or is replacing the plastic the only choice?

2. Where can you get pucks that would attacth to the air intakes? I thought about the frame mounted ones like on the XB12s, but the intakes sit out wider.

dans03firebolt
05-30-2008, 07:46 PM
First tell your daughter she is a moron for letting anyone touch her brand new bike. 2nd you will more than likely need to bring to an auto body shop to fix the scratches and repaint them.

3rd no pucks or frame sliders are out yet for the 1125r that I know of that doesn't mean they aren't out there. Someone will make them soon though just for that problem.
Sorry to hear about the problem. I sure hope she has been riding bikes for a while and didn't jump on an 1125r for her first bike because she will kill herself if she hasn't owned a bike before as they have insane horsepower. It drives me nuts when people who have never ridden jump out and buy a big cc bike and then destroy it.

nyttrn65
05-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info! She's actually pretty accomplished as a rider. We live in the KC area and she's ridden to the Gulf Coast and the Pacific Coast on her Blast in addition to a trip piloting my Road King to Vegas.

LeFox
05-30-2008, 08:38 PM
let the knucklehead buy her a new cover...if he can break it, he can make it! [smirk]

LeFox
05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
oh, and the intakes are not just there to guide the air to the radiator, but the are made to take the 1st hit.

according to what buell sells, it can take a good hit before anything would get to the radiator or frame. this being said, i don't think frame-pucks will be made for the 1125r ;)

1125rider
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
I just made a set for a susuki fit with some more spacing. You can use the right bolt but you have to get a longer one for the left.

TNXBRIDER
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Don't use any bolt on sliders on the 1125R... If it were to hit on the slider instead of a scratched cover your looking at a frame replacement... It will break the tab! I have modified an XB set that fits behind the scoop, very simple to make. Buell has no plans of building one so let me know if you need a set made.
T

rdglider
06-15-2009, 01:28 AM
are you just shaving them down for clearance behind the pod.I was thinking of trying it