PDA

View Full Version : HELP engine rebuild?

DealsGap
05-31-2008, 09:30 AM
I have a xb12 and noticed steel shavings in the oil. The bike also has a lower end noise. It has a bouble knock when u rev it up and let off. I am told it is a spun rod? The kicker is that it is 15 days out of warranty. Its not looking good for me trying to get it covered under warranty so I am looking to rebuild the engine or should i just replace it? How hard is this engine to rebuild?

warhorse
05-31-2008, 11:14 AM
well that sound as we can only guess, but if i remember right it is the first piston going up and hitting the valve and then that valve will fall and then :D the piston will chew that valve all up. and then it will start to make the sounds that you posted[sad] and when you try to take it in you will find out that it is almost impossible to rebuild and you will have pay around $3000 bucks to get a new one[mad]. so if you want to increase your chances of the dealership for taking you. take every aftermarket thing you have on it off act dumd sorry and nice and maybe they will pay for the motor and you will have to pay for the labor[smirk]. but just me guessing

be easy

LeFox
05-31-2008, 11:52 AM
1st, almost every buell has metal shavings in the oil.
take a magnet en see if there are any metal pieces.

2nd, some details on the bike would enable us get a bigger clue as to what it could be.

i would rebuild & upgrade, no more buell stock parts but nrhs, axtell, etc :p

warhorse
05-31-2008, 06:37 PM
take your pic[cool]

be easy