PDA

View Full Version : 08 ECM's

TMC
06-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Has or does anyone know where I can find and an aftermarket ECM for the 2008 Buells? I might just not be looking in the right place.

BuellPartsGuy
06-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Not made as of yet, that I have seen.

DirectLink

TMC
06-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Will my 08 ECM compensate for a full exhaust system and air box mod since they say its so much different and better?

ulyscol
06-02-2008, 02:43 AM
TMC,
I am wondering the same thing. I can't really seem to find any solid information on the 08' ECM.

LeFox
06-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Will my 08 ECM compensate for a full exhaust system and air box mod since they say its so much different and better?
i would doubt it...

the ecm will compensate within the barriers of the map running in the ecm.
if you change the air filter, there's alot more air getting into the engine than the stock map can handle.
without the airfilter it can run, since the exhaust system can not get more air than the airfilter can handle, although i would still advise to get it mapped...it will run much smoother and better.

jsg
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
One word, ecmspy

Thaloc
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
So I have to say thanks again to BPG, Al at americansporetbike was very informative. So...Early 08 ECMs were re-mappable until they came out with a new calibration that prevented it. And even if your ECM was one of the old ones, if you took it in for service chances are they uploaded the new calibration that again prevents it.

ECMspy has pretty much thrown in the towel for trying to figure out how to communicate with the '08 and up ECMs. So we will prolly never see ECMSpy working for us any longer. DirectLink claims to work but is questionable. So! Best chances are coming this winter when riding season ends for people and they head indoors to R&D. My guess is '08 and up mappable ECMs by spring maybe summer of next year

On a happier note Al assures me that I can put a Drummer on my '08 because Kevin over at KD-Fab developed them back before the ECM. They are designed for our bikes.

Sorry for the long post, hope this helped!

Thaloc
11-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I talked to the Local dyno guy yesterday, and he assures me that he can tune 08 Buells because he doesnt even touch the ecm, he said he uses a Power Commander and his "$30,000 dyno" to piggy back the signal over the ecm. He of course advises getting all mods done before doing this because if you changed things up later it would throw a wrench in the works. He said if I get it tuned through him he can supply me the Power Commander at cost for $250 + his tuning fee.

So im guess thats my (And maybe your) only option if you want to tune your '08

So..Drummer, then install a K&N, breather re-route, and get her tuned this winter.

XBear9S
11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Good info Tahloc.

Robtk! a.k.a "Special K"

"The greatest discovery of my generation...is that man can
alter his life by simply changing his motorcycle to a Buell."

--William "not Jesse" James