PDA

View Full Version : Best Aftermarket Rider Pegs

FBC32
06-02-2008, 11:43 PM
What aftermarket pegs best fit the XB? I am looking for anything other than the OEM footpegs. Anyone have ideas/pictures of what looks good?

LeFox
06-03-2008, 06:45 AM
rizoma

- plug & play
- exellent quality & finish
- most adjustable than any other

FBC32
06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
LeFox, Thanks. However, all i can find from Rizoma is the complete rearset, I am looking for just new, durable, pegs to replace the cheap stock ones. Any thought?

mrdozer2you
06-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Just get som Billet ones from ASB. Keep in mind that most of the aftermarket pegs will NOT break away like the stock ones. They are fixed in position. Although...if you lay it down hard enough to break one, im sure a broken peg will be the least of your concerns :p

LeFox
06-03-2008, 04:24 PM
lsl then [confused]

FBC32
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the responses, I'll probably have to go with a Billet, I just didn't want to have to buy the male adapter, or base, to go with it. I dont know why they sell a bike with one side footpeg lower than the other. Did anyone else have that problem?

LeFox
06-04-2008, 10:37 AM
seen that from a few others around here...

to me, something happened with the bike/peg and the one that replaced the peg did not notice the difference.

oberon also has good quality pegs which are plug & play.

FBC32
06-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I checked out the oberon's, they look awesome, but do they come with that male adapter? and does it fit XB9?

LeFox
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
yea, fits all.

you can order them seperate, but for the price i would just buy the set.

just a pitty that it's not completely black.

here you can see the complete part in different colors for the xb9:

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/__rfpb.jpg

FBC32
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks. Also, I looked at OEM parts from Buell and the rider pegs are standard with the gearshift side one inch lower than the brake side. I had the dealer look for the original replacment part number, and sure enough is had the one inch off-set.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I looked at OEM parts from Buell and the rider pegs are standard with the gearshift side one inch lower than the brake side. I had the dealer look for the original replacment part number, and sure enough is had the one inch off-set.

Don't understand that. Both of our bikes have the pegs set exactly the same distance. The right bracket is longer though as the brake lever is attached to it. Peg location is same on both sides. I do love those Oberons. Going to have to get 2 sets of the studded ones, black for me, blue for her.

FBC32
06-09-2008, 10:49 AM
His/Hers, check out this site: http://www.buellparts.net/content-product_info/product_id-1427/firebolt_xb_footpeg_kit_rider.html

I know it is for firebolt, but look at the description, it says it comes stock for '03 or later XB9s, one of them (left rider side) had the one inch off set, brake side did not. WTF?

LeFox
06-09-2008, 11:02 AM
the ones with offset are standard on the 's' models (except '03 xb12).

xbr models always had the straight ones...they have the same fitting so the offset ones can be fitted on the 'r' to get a more relaxed position.

so if you have them on your 'r' someone changed the pegs.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Oh.......now I get it. You've got a Lightning peg on the left a Firebolt peg on the right. Definitely didn't come that way from the factory.
Warning, the following is way off topic
Buell may have hired the people who worked for Chrysler in 1987 and put light gray door handle trim on drivers side and dark gray on the passenger side of my Dodge Charger. When I pointed it out to the dealer they asked if I wanted it fixed and said leave it, I want to see how many of my friends notice. Only one did.

xbhooligan434
06-10-2008, 04:40 AM
would love to buy a set of the oberons but i have the pegs that drop down an inch and love the way they feel just want to get he colored ones
do they make an adaptor for it to drop down an inch

LeFox
06-10-2008, 03:08 PM
would love to buy a set of the oberons but i have the pegs that drop down an inch and love the way they feel just want to get he colored ones
nope.

i had a few adjusting problems too coming from the stock 's' ones. but since i was hitting the ground to often and after seeing them on another bike, i just went for it.
i'll be getting a complete rearset, but this will do for now...i have other mods planned first ;)

His_and_Her_Buells
06-10-2008, 07:56 PM

If you want to test out the position of the straight pegs w/o spending any money you can put the passenger pegs up front. You will loose the spring return to hold them down but it works well for testing purposes. That's what I did and I found to position to be acceptable even though I shaved my seat 2". I only have a 30" inseam so I'm still not cramped even though my feet are 3" closer to my butt.