03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
where can i purchase one for my bike...

2Evil4U
03-04-2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/index.php?a=vtopic&t=124

Right here if it's still available.

BuellPartsGuy
03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I still have it if you are interested just let me know.

05xb12r
03-04-2007, 09:27 PM
yea ill take it

Unekride
05-05-2007, 02:33 AM
05xb12r you wouldn't need one if you knew how to ride.

BuellPartsGuy
05-05-2007, 04:46 AM
So you are saying everyone with a steering dampener doesnt know how to ride? Stand up so you can take you head out of your ass man, every single AMA Pro racer has a steering dampener on their bikes. I guess they dont know how to ride, huh? [smirk]

Unekride
05-05-2007, 03:30 PM
They know how to ride a bike to it's potential. (Most people don't even get close.)Plus how many pros ride a bike that only goes 138. A Buell is not designed to be a race bike, it is designed to be a STREET bike. Dampeners are great for racers and stunters so if your using your Buell for those purposes then they can be helpful. There is a reason that the Buell XB12RR is almost nothing like a stock one. So in certain cases I am wrong, but they aren't always necessary.

BuellPartsGuy
05-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Necessary, no, but even day to day riding can benefit from stabilizers. I think you might want to do some more research on them and maybe try one out before you completely down them. Ever person I have sold one to, including myself, said they would never ride another Buell without one once they did. Not trying to pick a fight with you man, I have just seen with my experiences that they are a great investment no matter what riding you do.

Unekride
05-07-2007, 06:55 PM
You might be right. I've never felt I needed one. I 've riden bikes with them (usually liter bikes) and they worked well. Since I've never ridden a XB with one, that defintely doesn't make my before/after opinion matter much.

holmtech
05-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I sure wish I had one this Wednesday when I got the death wobble coming out of a turn and dropped it on the right side. Does anyone have any experience with the XB-LSL Damper? It seems to be the least obtrusive/best looking option.

woodardj84
05-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I have a Storz steering dampener for my 07 xb12r and its definately a great investment. try this site
www.storzperf.com

xtremelow
06-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Does anyone offer a dampener that isnt so big and bulky and just flat out look like ****? I think it was DPR not sure on the letters but they have some nice ones but they dont offer them for Buells.

Brandon

BuellPartsGuy
06-18-2007, 01:53 AM
The LSR unit sold on americansportbike.com is a pretty low profile unit. You pay a little more money for it, but its tucked outta the way.

JWolk217
02-29-2008, 06:45 AM
I was interested in the LSL Steering Damper (http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/9048.html) but wasn't sure what people thought of it.

I like how it's out of the way, but there is a note:

Note: The manufacturer of this damper recommends dropping the forks in the triple clamps to obtain clearance between the damper and the fender at full compression. This raises the front end and can slow the steering a bit.

Doesn't this change the steering angle?
Would this make it more difficult or easier to steer?
Don't the handlebars interfere with lowering the triple clamps?
**PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENTS EVERYONE, I DON'T WANT TO WASTE $400!**

LeFox
02-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Doesn't this change the steering angle?
Would this make it more difficult or easier to steer?
Don't the handlebars interfere with lowering the triple clamps?
**PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENTS EVERYONE, I DON'T WANT TO WASTE $400!**

- yes, you're less 'on top' of the front wheel.
- a bit more difficult, but not that much...you still have a short bike that has good steering properties.
- lowering the forks in the triples doesn't mean that your triples go lower, but higher compared to the fork legs.
the top of the legs should then be further away from your handlebars.

;)

BenJamin444
03-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Is it safe to buy a used damper? I talk to a guy who was sponsored by buell, but is unable to stunt bike anymore and want to get ride of some old parts? He said it is in good condition but is missing a small piece that could be picked up at a local hardware store. any thoughts?

xbhooligan434
03-01-2008, 02:54 AM
i wouldnt trust it but thats just me being as it is used to help with handling and what not could be missing something important

LeFox
03-01-2008, 12:41 PM
He said it is in good condition but is missing a small piece that could be picked up at a local hardware store. any thoughts?
depends on condition & what is missing.
aslong as it didn't get an impact, isn't twisted or bent, it should be ok.

JWolk217
03-04-2008, 02:37 AM
If I installed the LSL Damper WITHOUT lowering the fork tubes, do I have to worry about the front fender hitting the damper?

I weigh 135 lbs and have the factory OE suspension adjusted for my weight. I cant see little me bottoming out the suspension. But I don't want to raise the front end either.

Any ideas???
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/JayBird217/IMG_0274.jpg

LeFox
03-04-2008, 08:26 AM
do a tiewrap around your inner fork leg, do a hard stop with the front brake on a bumpy road and see how far the tiewrap goes...

if you see you're in the clear, it's ok ;)