PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

goonhillydowns
04-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Hi Chaps and chapesses;

I've been thinking about buying a XBDouzeR but the riding season here is too hot in summer (50 centigrade)to think of riding a two wheeled hot water bottle wearing full protective gear. So I guess its use would be winter only and trickle charged battery in summer.

There's an immaculate, low mileage 2009 XB up for sale here at 30000AED (around $8000US) which seems like a bargain to me. Is it? We do have a Harley dealer here so getting parts is no problem and my last bike was a Sportster which I had for twelve years (eventually stolen) so I'm familiar with the V twin's weak spots.

There's quite a bit of desert out here so I'd be interested to know how it handles in the sand.

Finally, anyone paranoid about Buell's shutting down and not being able to get parts? Anything I buy on two or four wheels I tend to keep for a long time.

Thanks a bunch

upthemaiden
04-07-2011, 06:11 AM
There's a lot of people worried about getting new parts from HD. A lot of people have been having a hard time getting new parts from dealerships already, but it all depends on how much your dealership likes Buells. If they like them they'll help you out, but a lot of dealers hate them and won't do anything but give you a hard time. You should be able to find parts online for a while though, even if you need to buy something used.

In the sand... hmm... haha I don't know, these bikes were made for curves. I assume if you're in the desert your roads are pretty straight.