PDA

View Full Version : Factory low seat vs stock 07 seat

mrv64
06-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I am looking at the factory low seat from Buell. I have a 2007 Ulysses and want to know if the low seat in any better than the stock 07 seat. None of the dealers seem to have any idea. So I am turning to you guys fo my answer. Thanks

LeFox
06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
what do you mean by better? it lower and firmer...[smirk]

mrv64
06-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Is it lower than the 07 seat and is it more comfortable

Lands End
06-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi, mrv64,
I have the original tall seat on my 06 Uly.
I have to slide my bottom off the seat to put my foot flat on the floor!
(I am 5'8" with 29" inside leg)
I like the height when I ride, it doesn't feel top heavy, and you have, (and are), more visibility.
The best thing about the tall seat, is that you can dangle your legs (long journeys) fully without hitting the floor!
I have not tried the low seat, but remember,
low seat puts your feet closer to the ground,
low seat also lowers your whole body, compared to your feet and arms. (comfort).
I have also heard that it is hotter in the summer, as you're closer to engine??!! (True or false?)
Whatever you choose, good luck!

BodaciousCharmer
06-11-2008, 10:06 PM
MRV64,

I have the same problem on my 07 model. Will do anything to lower it because I ride on lots of steep gravel and can't get my heals on the ground. I can not find an answer anywhere if the lowerseat option does anything to the stock 07 and 08 seats, did you? I did order the lowerseat option and should know if it does anything by this Friday.

Stay tuned.

dmp0001
06-12-2008, 05:53 AM
the low seat is a brick! I have a 03 xb9sl (same as the cg but the 9 motor) and I switched to the standard seat to ease my arse and knees. I would stick with the standard seat or try the select

BodaciousCharmer
06-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Sorry for the late post but in case anyone is still interested, here's the verdict. I got the seat that Friday and to my chagrin, it was exactly as my stock 2007 xb12x. Sent it back and wasted $50.00 on the shipping.

I may have to trade the bike in because I can barely touch the ground and there are too many mountain stops where I live.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Have you considered having the seat modified? I had 2" shaved off my Ss seat because I was on tippy toes. Cost was only $40 and comfort was only slightly decreased. On long rides my butt doesn't get sore until it's almost time for a pitstop anyway.