PDA

View Full Version : santa rosa area riders?

thumpinhard
04-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi all,newbie here.
iam in Guerneville and just got an XB12Ss.
i am used to riding a motard and used to ride with the bay area moto,doc wong etc. i would love to find some folks who are local enough for day rides.
i am thinking scaggs,berryessa,marin,tomales etc.
skyline once in awhile is a bit far but worth it.
feel free to get hold of me..any help would be much appreciated.

migs16
04-09-2011, 09:46 AM
took a fall on scaggs last season. all of those are great rides. but i live in sacramento kinda far from all of those. but next time i head that way i definitely post something.

thumpinhard
04-09-2011, 10:01 AM
yeah,scaggs has got me sideways more than once on loose dirt and gravel..i hear ya.
yes,please let me know..as soon as i find out why my front end jumps when braking i will be out on the rides.
for now i keep searching for solutions.
tnx!

migs16
04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
thats a popular and easy fix. il list out what you have to do.

1st: lift the front end off the ground by a jack or something.
2nd: you have to loose the 2 allens on the top of the triple tree, they're faced side ways and stacked on top of each other.
3rd get a torque wrench and titghten the allen that is sitting on top, its really hard to miss and its a very large allen. the torque says 17-19 lbs. i do about 20 or so because mine rattled loose twice.

4th: put it all back together.

this was a really quick write up but its very simple. just hopefully you have a jack/lift. if you since you have a s modal your going to have to move the handle bars since the allen is on top but under the center of the handle bars.

good luck let me know if you need any help.

thumpinhard
04-09-2011, 03:20 PM
that is great,i was suspecting something like that.
thanks for the info..i will give it a try.

thumpinhard
04-09-2011, 03:45 PM
i looked at it and am a bit confused.
i see the large chrome allen in the middle under the bars,but the only allens that are sideway and on top of each other are the ones on the bottom of the triple clamp. they would allow the fork tubes to move if loosened. i assume the top bolt would tighten the bottom half of the clamp and the tubes have to be loose to allow the triple clamp to adjust.
i will try that..but please let me know if that is not correct. and thanks again!

migs16
04-09-2011, 06:35 PM
they are on the side of the large allen. you have to turn the bars to the left to reach the other allens. there on the top if you need a picture let me know.

thumpinhard
04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
ok,rats..i tried it by loosening the ones on the side and the center nut was tight already..guess i will have to start over and try again..thanks.

RHYNOXB9R
04-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Back to the question at hand,I am in Santa Rosa and so is Californiakid,down the street from me,I see about 6-8 Buells around town but don't think they are on the site.

TypeJ
02-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I live in Benicia now, but SR is my old stomping grounds. I'd be down to meet up sometime.