PDA

View Full Version : help guys!!

mezap
03-05-2007, 02:58 AM
Did my first oil change on my new buell, and I didn't find a crush washer on the drain plug. Do they not have them, or did I maybe not get one, or possibly didn't see it fall into the oil when I changed it? I am talking about the engine oil in the swingarm, not the primary. Haven't seen any leaks, so I don't think theres anything that I missed, but it just seems odd not to have a washer on that drain plug.
Anything you can tell me?

BuellPartsGuy
03-05-2007, 03:21 AM
There isnt a crush washer on the engine oil drain plug. There is an O-ring on there wrapped around the based of the threads that they recommend replacing at every oil change. Part number is a 11105 and its $0.25... Cheap insurance towards messy leaks.

mezap
03-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Thanks BuellPartsGuy. BTW, I have a "hybrid" buell and I am looking for some lettering decals.
When I went to buy I wanted a black lightningXB12s, but all they had was an XB12Ss. Not a black one in the whole state, so they took one of the translucent red ones, switched the plastics with the XB12Ss they had, we left the wheels red and viola! I have a half red half black XB12s that looks simiar to a black firebolt but the lettering on the airbox is grey. I think I would like to get the red ones that are on the firebolt. Any idea how to go about that and how much?
Will be posting a pic soon. Shes a cutie!