PDA

View Full Version : MM light came on at 140kmh

Petrus
04-18-2011, 03:17 AM
I was going down the highway last night and at 140 the mm light came on. Stopt on the side of the highway but engine was running fine it seemed. The fan was blowing like mad. After a about 30 sec the ligt went off.
continued the ride and not being to sure what was going on I stopped at a gasstation to double check.
Now I stopped the motor completly and checked the oil level. This was on the Add level.[added some oil]
Could it be that before the oillevel is to low the oil gets to hot and maybe sets of the MM light?
Appreciate any thoughts on this.
Tks

Loki
04-18-2011, 09:04 AM
I dont know what the mm light is...

mowgoli84
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I dont know what the mm light is...

second that

Petrus
04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Ah ok, I mean the motor management light.:p

J_Undisputed
04-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Check Engine Light? Maybe your 02 sensor is loose? Might not be the case, but I've learned to check the easiest ones first before going crazy and digging for more trouble.

jakestolar
04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
funny story about checking siple things.
When I was younger I had a dirt bike that died on me a mile from the house. I tried kick starting it for 30 min, exhausted I pushed her hope and tore it. Almost started to rip apart the engine. I was going mad trying to find the problem. But I decided to take a break and return later when i want pissed. Looked it over again and it was out of fuel...

DrogeN Omen
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
it was out of fuel...

lol...

i've been riding for the last 6 months with my check engine light on... its not on all the time through...

it goes off for about 20 - 30 minutes then it comes on for 2- 30 mins.

no noticable issues though... i checked the sensore under the airbox, i haven't checked the o2 sensor yet, guess it might be worth checking.

i disconnected to servo cable as i have a custom muffler so was thinking it could be the servo bitching about that...

Petrus
04-19-2011, 02:58 AM
This morning I toke the bike to the HD shop to get a read out on the engine check light. But no codes showed up in the system.
I will check on the o2 sensor to see if it is ok.
Maybe the temp sensor is not ok anymore. Will see.[confused]

Petrus
04-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Update:

After topping up the oil the light has not come up anymore so I'm guessing that it had something to do with it.
All seems fine now.

DrogeN Omen
04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
my oil is still showing as full and my engine light is still on... so it isn't that...

i did notice that when the light is on the bike vibrates a lot more... so was thinking it might be something to do with tuning or something... today engine light came on after 30 mins of riding... bike was running smooth all through the gears but then light came on and it was vibrating like mad... had a couple pop's in the airbox also...

Petrus
04-29-2011, 06:35 AM
No I found out just yet. Came back from a 20 min drive, on the highway at 140km/h the check engine light came on again, flashing this time and engine was holdeng back for a second. I throttled back and light went off and dit not go on anymore. Seems that
140 is the topspeed at the moment for my bike[confused]
Checked oil as soon as I got home, there was enough.

rrh481
04-29-2011, 07:35 AM
^ I had a similar problem and it was a spark plug. Check the boots and take your plugs out and see what they look like. If ones really wet it could be fouling out but then you would think it would be doing it all the time. Just a thought.

Petrus
04-29-2011, 09:47 AM
I realize they have been in there for a long time, could'nt hurt to have a look and better to change them out [smirk]

Alfatango1
04-29-2011, 09:51 AM
I get the cel every time I hit 70MPH and only if I hit 70MPH.Bike runs fine so I'm not too worried anymore.

Petrus
07-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Update!

It was the Corbin saddle rubbing on the battery and probably on the ecm aswell.
Lifted the saddle a little with some extra spacers on the studs of the saddle and voila.... problem solved.
:D

konarider94
07-22-2011, 09:49 AM
[up] for the update 3 months later. sounds like a pretty hard problem to find. i would have never thought of that.

Petrus
07-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Did a 400km trip today with a lot of highway and the CEL never came on. Bike was running like a dream.[up]

Petrus
09-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Second update

Had a ECM reflash done and now the problem is defenitly gone.
Bike runs like a train and much cooler as well.[up]:)