PDA

View Full Version : xb12r starving for fuel???

kurs
06-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi, I bought an 04 12r 4 months ago. Ran great, was having a blast when i decided i would start trying to clean things up. servecings and what not. I put some injector cleaner in there and the bike started to cut out getin in the higher rpms. so i replace fuel filter, and screen. Now it will start up and idle perfect but as soon as the throtle moves the slightest it starts choking and spitting with the occasional flame shooting out the intake manifold. Any suggegtions??? thanks

kurs
06-08-2008, 04:20 PM
well know it wont even idle. She starts up and chokes out pretty soon after. i was thinking new injectors but...

GatorBuell
06-08-2008, 04:55 PM
VDSTS- its about $200 bucks but you can find out exactly whats wrong. See if another Bueller in your area has one you can use to run a trouble code search on it.

dave_xb12r
06-08-2008, 10:59 PM
I would just get the trouble code dongle for $24.95

http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/9016.html

mrdozer2you
06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
well know it wont even idle. She starts up and chokes out pretty soon after. i was thinking new injectors but...

Tough one....if the engine light doesent come on then chances are there arent any codes thrown...so checking them will be a waste of time. Could be plugs starting to foul. Could be the injector cleaner. How much did you put in? I never use that stuff...tried it once on my CBR and fouled the plugs out. I would start by draining the fuel if you can...add fresh premium..91 or better..NO ADDITIVES [smirk] And run the hell outa it...after she warms up do some nice throttle cracking. See if that helps [up]

kurs
06-11-2008, 02:15 AM
cleaned the tank out. put fresh 91 oct in the tank and she just wont go. acts like she wants to sometimes but cant go more then a few seconds and choke.

LeFox
06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
how are the plugs?

mrdozer2you
06-11-2008, 12:01 PM
but cant go more then a few seconds and choke.

You are talking about Idle correct? Or when you are driving? Or both?

kurs
06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
how are the plugs?

plugs are brand new. this is same day my problems started. put new plugs and a litle injector cleaner. i have looked at them now and there are a litle black but dry, nothing to really worry about.

kurs
06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
You are talking about Idle correct? Or when you are driving? Or both?

Just idle. wont run. pump primes, i start her up at she chokes with in seconds. I know i have full going to injectors so i took the plugs out and started the motor and when the compresion stroke comes around and am not feeling any fuel in my air fule mixture.i was planning on pulling injectors but cant find anything in my damn manual that shows what your doing.

LeFox
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
what kind of product did you use to clean?

i hate those things...it's better to just disassemble and do it manually, without special products [smirk]

i would clean the fuellines, there's probably still some of that stuff in there.
your bike did not run, but the plugs are black? should not be the case when just igniting in compressed air.

i would suggest going over 4.11 & 4.13 of the manual.

kurs
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
no it does have ignition. She starts up and runs for just a second or 4 before chokeing. i took the intake off this morning and can watch the injectors spit. So now i have cleaned the tank. it is fresh 91 octane. I purged the line so there is none in the line. i am now at a loss. I dont know what i should do. i know there is good clean fuel coming from the injectors. I know there is spark because it starts up every time but dies down seconds later. Is there some sort of safe mode on this thing. The engine light is not coming on so there are no known code. [mad][mad]??[mad][down]

LeFox
06-11-2008, 03:27 PM
but the engine light does come on when setting the ignition 'on'?

this is a hard one :(

mrdozer2you
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
What does it idle at? Does it stay running if you give it throttle? Sound stupid but maybe somebody cranked your idle down too low. Some kid maybe walking through a parking lot or something, looked at your bike, saw the knob and said " I wonder what this does"

kurs
06-11-2008, 10:05 PM
when i give it throtle it dies faster. like it is starving for fuel. I can hold the throtle when starting and it will start up at a higher rpm and choke out instantly. Could my pump be not spitting at a high enouigh psi. could that possibly cause this. that would be my last guess. i would think that if it were a computer problem that my engine light would come on. engine light comes on for the first 4 seconds then remains off.

LeFox
06-12-2008, 05:58 AM
4.13 is the pressure check...go over it ;)

mrdozer2you
06-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Could my pump be not spitting at a high enouigh psi.

Fuel pump would also cause the engine light to come on aswell right?

Sounds more like its starving for air to me, did you try with the airbox off? And the filter exposed?

LeFox
06-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Sounds more like its starving for air to me, did you try with the airbox off? And the filter exposed?

i took the intake off this morning and can watch the injectors spit.

;)

firechickenXB9R
06-25-2008, 07:50 PM
it sounds like 1 of 3 things 1. Computer (if this is bad it may not be able to set a code) 2. Fuel Pump (pessure is to low, but if it was getting a constent amount of fuel low or not it should still idle(rough, but idle)) 3. I read everything and nothing tells me that you know that it is getting spark (I would check this very close, it could be a bad coil)

kurs
06-30-2008, 09:36 AM
thanks all for help it was my pump and presure regulator.

LeFox
06-30-2008, 10:11 AM
4.13 is the pressure check...go over it ;)
good thing it's solved! [up]