PDA

View Full Version : back brake pedal

blast01
06-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Has anyone got a suggestion for bringing the brake pedel out a little on a Buell Blast? It sits so tight in its location I have to "toe in" to put on the brake. I end up getting cramps in my calfs by the time I reach work.

Blast01

His_and_Her_Buells
06-09-2008, 02:50 AM
You should be able to get a good welder to tack on some extra material. How good that will look will depend on how good of a fabricator or machinist you can hook up with. My solution would be to quit using the rear brake so much. I only use mine maybe 5% of the time. Only when in loose material or rain.

burnteyes
06-09-2008, 03:31 AM
I would try heating with a propain torch, heating it untill its red, then bend it just a little. Im just not sure how well that aircraft grade aluminium bends so be easy with it... It could be more brittle then everyday aluminium. Im a welder and work with regular aluminium a little and it melts around 1200 degrees fahrenheit. So a plain propane should heat it enough just be carefull as i have not tried it myself.

blast01
06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
His and Hers,

I use my back brake when doing intown driving and in sharp corners. That constitues 90% of my driving right now. I am learning how to let the bike slow itself so less brake usage.
Thanks for the input guys. I'll see what works and let you all know.

BuellPartsGuy
06-11-2008, 06:56 PM
That brake pedal is cast aluminum. If you try bending it at all, it will probably snap. I wouldn't recommend it. I would try mounting something to it to try and bring it out some.

burnteyes
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
oh my bad :( when i snapped my shifter the dealer here told me it was aircraft grade haha because i was going to weld it together then decided no to..lol stupid me

zoedogg1
06-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Mine bent inward once and I just smacked it back with a hammer after putting part of it in a vise. It will bend, just be carefulyou could easily and safely bring it out at least a 1/4". Cake! Mines still holding up fine.