PDA

View Full Version : Money?

burnteyes
06-09-2008, 04:08 AM
I was wondering bpg. Do you know about how much it would cost to have my ecm remapped? Im about 80% on getting a spec ops pipe if ,is it oddie?, gets back to me with a few questions i had for him. My dealer said they would keep it under factory warranty if they done it. Is there anything extra i would have to buy for this to be done or just take the bike in?

BuellPartsGuy
06-09-2008, 06:22 AM
If you are re-mapping with Directlink you will need to buy a USB key. like this... The shop needs the program and a dyno

Directlink Re-mapping key (http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/9309.html)

I haven't ever dealt with ECMSpy first hand, I think LeFox has. Any advice LeFox?

LeFox
06-09-2008, 08:37 AM
with ecmspy you don't have to buy the key, but since you have more options/adjustments the price is about the same...

total for the mapping would be round 250$, dyno included.
most limit dyno to 3 runs, more would probably cost extra.

burnteyes
06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
thanks I have had to much time since I been laid off from work for going on 3 weeks...lol oh well. I asked my dealer about remapping and they said they could do it and stil be under factory warranty. But I think i better check again because it seemed like they were only paying half attention to me. Also they sorta acted like they might have the equipment to remap ?? Ill ask them more questions when i go for my 1000 mile on the 20th

BuellPartsGuy
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
They have to have the software and someone that knows how to use it. I guarantee it will technically void your warranty, but like we do here at my dealership, we will still honor it and do what we can to take care of that customer because he got his work done with us.

burnteyes
06-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Just wondering where do you work at? I picked up my xb12 at Man O War in Ky

BuellPartsGuy
06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I work at Arrowhead H-D & Buell in Phoenix, AZ

WULFGODSXB
06-12-2008, 01:50 AM
I E-MAILED ODDIE A WHILE BACK WITH THE SAME ? and he had told me that because he retaines the valve in the pipe you don't need to remap but for best results he recommends racing ecm and air cleaner. i questioned him because i too am on budget and i'm mostly looking for some noise without dropping $600 to a grand.
:)