PDA

View Full Version : Firebolt subframe!

onebadblaz
03-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Hello every one:) I'm new to the forum! I own a 04' xb12s and I'm wanting to put a firebolt tail section on it and cant find a sub-frame any where...Besides the dealer they want $489 for a new one[mad] If anyone could help me locate on it would be greatly appreciated!

onebadblaz
03-12-2007, 12:31 AM
No one knows where I can get a firebolt sub-frame? man this is killing me[confused]

07xb12r
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey badblaz, I've been looking...seems like you are going to have to get one off a wrecked one. There are many salvage yards available on the net, you need to look them up yourself, because you want to find something close. I know new is alot, but if you figure the repair of scratches, and painting, plus shipping, you probably come close to new cost anyways, and you get to install sooner, and most of all enjoy sooner. I know its not what you wanted to hear bud, did my best... sorry

onebadblaz
03-13-2007, 03:33 AM
I've been looking on E-bay and salvage yards around here that dont make you fill out the form and then get back with you! My Transmission went out in my car Sat. night so thats first on my list right now[mad]! Thanks for looking to...I'm still going to do it but have to get the car put back together first!

Kwik22
04-03-2007, 10:17 PM
I was going to do the same thing. I have the tail w/ the solo cowl, both seats, subframe, undertail, and rear shock reservoir mount. I did not go through with the swap, because the Firebolt electronics are in the front fairing. There is limited space for the ecm, fuse box, and the bas. I also wanted to keep the "trunk" area, which is where I figured the electronics would go. If you are interested I would sell everything for $300 + shipping. I am located in Northern Illinois 61115 zip. Brett (815)988-7500. Good luck with the trans!!

onebadblaz
04-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Sorry! I have everything to do the swap now! Now its just getting the time to do the swap? Thanks though!

krwyellowz28
04-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Keep us posted on how the swap goes! I'm really interested in this swap as well. Brett, I'm near Peoria, IL and may be interested in your setup. I'll let you know. If anyone else has done this swap, please post your experience with it. Thanks!

onebadblaz
04-25-2007, 05:01 PM
The swap truned out fine before i crashed it! there are some things that dont go the greatest though.... there are more wires that run back to the seat area on the S's than the R's i made a coulpe brackets for mine.You also have to extend some wires for the lights cause there shorter on the S. I had to trim the under tail so the wiring would go through so the tail wasnt buldged out and i made a bracket for the rear canister.In other words it's like putting 10 pounds of sh!t in a 5 pound bag...but man it looks good so it was worth it to me!

onebadblaz
04-25-2007, 05:11 PM
It needed to be painted but i went down this past sat. but heres a pic... and i still kept the trunk area.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/onebadblaz/img12812.jpg

krwyellowz28
05-08-2007, 05:31 AM
That's exactly the look I want. I may ask you a few questions if and when I get to mine.

norcalbuell
06-14-2007, 03:25 AM
hey kwick

do you still have firebolt subframe?

thanks

woofums
01-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I too am looking for a firebolt tail assembly, willing to purchase or trade my lightning tail assembly with 2 seats!
lemme know

xbhooligan434
01-27-2009, 03:21 AM
woofums email me at turbokidd@aol.com i have a firebolt and would love to put an s tail on my firebolt

Poohspot18
01-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Anyone else? I have a Firebolt tail and I'm wanting an s tail. Onebadblaz do you still have your Tail assy? I would buy it from you. email me- jon.norrris@usmc.mil

jacrex1
03-04-2009, 04:47 PM
i need to buy either as mine was cartwheeled and don't think it can be straightened ...xb9r firebolt . anyone have parts to sell ??