PDA

View Full Version : Gas question

burnteyes
06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
1st off i wana thank you, lefox, and the rest of the helpfull family on here. I got gas at a diff. place then normal because i was out on a ride and thats where we pulled into but i thought it would still be ok because i thought i read in the manual that you can use 10% ethanol 93 oct. Anyways i topped it off just shy from the reserve light coming on. I got horrid gas mileage close to 80 miles before my light came on again. Also it seemed to sputter and almost die if you got on the throttle pulling out. Was i mistaken when i thought i could use 10% ethanol full?
And would you recommend doing the reroute hose mod?

BuellPartsGuy
06-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, it is fine to use that type of fuel in the bike. We have that same gas here in Arizona during the hot months. Might have just been a bad batch of gas.

I would recommend doing the breather re-route for sure.

mrdozer2you
06-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Agreed....I had the same thing happen. I think its because of the high prices of fuel, and the higher prices on the premium fuels. Less people spending the extra on the better fuels = the fuel stays in the storage tanks longer and can go bad. I think this may become more of an issue as gas prices continue to rise.

LeFox
06-12-2008, 05:54 AM
on our side it's easy...we just have 4 choices:

95 octane, 98 octane, diesel and lpg [smirk]

so i change every tank between 95 & 98 ;)

His_and_Her_Buells
06-12-2008, 07:50 AM
LeFox, could you start telling us some things that are worse for a buell owner over there than they are here so us yankees can feel better about where our ancestors decided to emigrate to.[sad]

LeFox
06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
LeFox, could you start telling us some things that are worse for a buell owner over there than they are here so us yankees can feel better about where our ancestors decided to emigrate to :(

oem buell parts are way cheaper on your side of the pond :p
fuel is also cheaper, but then again...it's also of a lesser quality :o

ooh yea...muscle cars are also buyable, over here it costs more than a porsche [smirk]

BuellPartsGuy
06-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah LeFox, but you guys have the XR1200R Sportster....[mad]

LeFox
06-12-2008, 06:37 PM
yea...but you guys got...ahm...well...ok, you lose http://smile.smilies.nl/1898.gif

BuellPartsGuy
06-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Damn...... [sad]

His_and_Her_Buells
06-12-2008, 08:52 PM
muscle cars are also buyable, over here it costs more than a porsche

Some of them here cost as much as a Porsche. Anything with a Hemi for example, even if its a clone[mad]

dans03firebolt
06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
You got that right. Muscle cars aren't cheap here either man. You can't even get a frame and body for less than $5k and those are half way rotted away and you still pay $5k for them. Old Muscle cars are insanely priced. I have a friend that sold a Buick GS Stage 1 a couple years ago for $25k and that was a great deal. He has a 66 Vette 427 completely stock with only 40k miles on it and that thing could sell for $200k no problem.

mrdozer2you
06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Some of them here cost as much as a Porsche.

I'll take the Porsche :D Where I live the "Muscle Cars" are more or less a "Redneck" thing, and they're usually giant P.O.S. The real nice ones are "Yuppie" owned and they couldnt begin to tell you anything about the car except "thats the way I got it".

Lokien
06-13-2008, 01:18 PM
At least you guys don't have to pay $3600~ extra on the msrp of a buell for a new bike -_- like we do for the monopoly HD dealer in the UAE.