PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever done this?

kdub41
04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
i have a 2005 cityx but i want to put the front stock uslysses windscreen on mine so i dont get hit by as much wind. I have a luminar windscreen but it doesnt take that much wind away :(

uly luigi
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Neither does the stock Uly shield, puts it right in my chest

upthemaiden
04-26-2011, 12:41 PM
I've seen it done. You would either need to replace the bigger side brackets too so the screen bolts right up, or if you're not a perfectionist you could just drill new holes and bolt it to yours. I looked at them when I was looking for a short term screen for a weekend road trip but they're definitely not too big. Even the bigger Slipstreamer Spitfire screen I bought doesn't do all that much. I can tuck behind it, but when I'm just riding upright like normal I don't notice much of a difference. Are you getting cold or just tired of the wind noise, because some ear plugs and a jacket liner might be the way to go.

kdub41
04-26-2011, 01:24 PM
just kinda tired of getting pelted by wind but maybe it was just because of the wind.

henri66
04-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I just like to ride open in the wind.

For me there is more logic in feeling the ride, than feeling afraid of getting a speed ticket.

For me I just like to ride from terrace to terrace. Enjoy the vibration and looks.

Why buy a new R1 which reaches 148kmh in first gear? Knowing that it has 6!
Before reaching the play-area of it_s power I would loose my license.

It just does not make sense to me.

I enjoy people puzzled on the engine size. And disbelieve when I tell them it has 1200+cc.
Well, until I start my bike...

Life is about emotions. And our bikes just have it.

kdub41
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
yes very true i love my bike its great. oh and would anyone like to trade mirrors? i have a set of bar end mirrors

dallasb
04-27-2011, 05:20 PM
What kind of bar ends are they? Also what kind of mirrors are you looking for?

kdub41
04-28-2011, 06:16 PM
i forget the make but i just saw them and they are like normally 70 bucks and i would like either stock mirrors or just something a little bigger