PDA

View Full Version : Hypercharger

geemstr
06-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I saw a pic in the forum of somones Firebolt that has a hypercharger sticking out of the top it.I had the same idea and then I saw the pic so it can be done but there's such an offset from the intake that it seems like it would be restricting alot of airflow by keeping it centered,my question is is there an adapter or hose or some kind of offset tunnel ram intake to make this work? I think It's cool,reminds me of a 60's muscle car.

BuellPartsGuy
06-12-2008, 11:17 PM
No, it would be a one off ordeal.

IMO, those things are garbage. Wouldn't be worth the time.

dans03firebolt
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I had one on my Cyclone and it was awesome. It works great on the tubers but not with the XB models. You can do an airbox mod to the XB that will flow just as good if not better.

mrdozer2you
06-13-2008, 12:41 PM
It seems like a good idea? Has anyone tested them? I guess maybe I dont understand the internal workings of it, but it seems like it should do something?

dans03firebolt
06-13-2008, 06:46 PM
They are vacuum controlled and when they are mounted like that on top of the bike I think it looks horrible. I would go against it but it isn't my bike. I will keep the stock airbox I have that is drilled out.

geemstr
06-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the 411 fellas,I've got a K&N filter not sure how much more modifyin' I can do,all the pics I see have holes cut in the same places mine does factory just short of droppin' the $70 on a removal kit so unless I'm gonna gain a nitros shot boost in proformance I'll just keep it the way it is